The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It's a bit shit watching some of our players talking up another clubs achievement on social media, when we play in the same league system as that club. Is there no such thing as professionalism these days?

Thought I saw the Raith TV Twitter getting involved in winding up the Rangers fans on there earlier. I wouldn’t have expected that from them, they’re usually quite a professional bunch.

Edited by Enigma

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It's a bit shit watching some of our players talking up another clubs achievement on social media, when we play in the same league system as that club. Is there no such thing as professionalism these days?

Hopefully McGlynn takes note and eases them out the door ASAP. 

I'd rather we get by without folk like that. 

Hopefully McGlynn takes note and eases them out the door ASAP. 
I'd rather we get by without folk like that. 
I'm not saying players can't support another team. We support who we support. The lack of respect shown to the fans who went out and piled money in to pay their wages etc in the past year is pretty shit though. Imo at least.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Zero time for any of our players openly celebrating Rangers winning the league tbh.

Not sure it’s a big deal actually. I don’t have any time for any of the OF but the fact is most football players in Scotland will support one of them and as long as it doesn’t affect their performances here I’m happy enough to gloss over it. 

Not sure it’s a big deal actually. I don’t have any time for any of the OF but the fact is most football players in Scotland will support one of them and as long as it doesn’t affect their performances here I’m happy enough to gloss over it. 
It isn't a big deal that players support the Of. It's pretty much a given it will happen. It does show a lack of respect for the club they play for and as I said a bit of disrespect to the fans that went out of their way to put in 100kish in the past year to make sure they didn't go out of pocket, when most fans would have been.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
8 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

It isn't a big deal that players support the Of. It's pretty much a given it will happen. It does show a lack of respect for the club they play for and as I said a bit of disrespect to the fans that went out of their way to put in 100kish in the past year to make sure they didn't go out of pocket, when most fans would have been.

Yeah I respect that opinion but for me I can’t pretend to be even remotely bothered by it. To me they’re just celebrating the team they support finally winning something. They’re personal accounts after all.

On 06/03/2021 at 17:56, spot on said:

I’ll happily take a bite of that bait every single time ,if that what it was, as no one should ever let it be forgotten just how big a bunch of cheating barstewards  you lot were, are and always will be. 

I'd like to hear how we are still cheats and always will be please.

What is your reasoning here, bearing in mind that absolutely zero rules are being broken?

Yeah I respect that opinion but for me I can’t pretend to be even remotely bothered by it. To me they’re just celebrating the team they support finally winning something. They’re personal accounts after all.
Yeah, fair enough with that. I would rather it didn't happen though. They represent a club in the same league setup and can come up against that club in competition. It is a bit unprofessional to do that imo.

It doesn’t endear a player to me when they post about being an OF fan but it doesn’t bother me that much.

I get far more irate at the amount of Kirkcaldy based glory hunters who’ve popped their heads out over the last few weeks after a decade of silence.
All this WATP #55 shite from fannies with no connection to Glasgow at all can get so far in the fucking bin!

It doesn’t endear a player to me when they post about being an OF fan but it doesn’t bother me that much.

I get far more irate at the amount of Kirkcaldy based glory hunters who’ve popped their heads out over the last few weeks after a decade of silence.
All this WATP #55 shite from fannies with no connection to Glasgow at all can get so far in the fucking bin!
Come on stevo. You know as well as I do they all have dad's or uncles that were OF fans. That we have been to watch the rovers play at celtic Park and ibrox more than they have, as massive fans of their clubs, doesnt mean a thing.