Looking very busy through March now. As I understand it:

Ayr March 9th
ICT March 12th
ICT March 16th
Ayr March 20th
Stirling March 23rd
Morton March 27th
Livi (hopefully) April 3rd

Four weeks until the end of the season at that stage, with Queens away and Pars at home still to be squeezed in. One of them may well go into March 30th.

Can’t really afford any more cancellations.

That run gives us the opportunity of continuing our current streak of alternate wins and defeats throughout March while at the same time continue our trend of winning on Saturdays and losing midweek.

The good news is that by March 30th the clocks will have gone forward and midweek games will kick off in daylight. It could be enough to trick the players into thinking it's a Saturday. 

Personally I would've advocated scrapping the Scottish Cup this year. If any team from the lower leagues goes on a cup run they'll be playing two games a week basically until the end of the season. Add potential play offs onto that and teams will be dead on their feet. 

39 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah, because we'll only need one forward in the whole club, ever.

No what I meant. I deserved that though 😂. Think duku will go, so good replacement for him?? Keatings and Vaughan could be a good partnership. Still need a taller striker as well though. 

That run gives us the opportunity of continuing our current streak of alternate wins and defeats throughout March while at the same time continue our trend of winning on Saturdays and losing midweek.
The good news is that by March 30th the clocks will have gone forward and midweek games will kick off in daylight. It could be enough to trick the players into thinking it's a Saturday. 
Personally I would've advocated scrapping the Scottish Cup this year. If any team from the lower leagues goes on a cup run they'll be playing two games a week basically until the end of the season. Add potential play offs onto that and teams will be dead on their feet. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we see some clubs playing 4x a week at some stage.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Na I think Keatings plays more of a 10 or coming in from the wings. If anything he will be a replacement for Vaughan.

That's where he's largely played for us and he's been pretty "meh" for most of his time here. I could count on one  at a push two, hands the number of good games he's had for his. His set pieces are usually decent though but if you play him as a 10 I'm not sure how much more you'll get from him than we've done although perhaps he'll be unique in that a team other than ICT gets the best from him.

He's said himself he prefers playing further forward either up front by himself or alongside someone else and that's what he's been doing under McCann for two games but Robbo almost always played him behind White or Todorov.

He talks more about it in a podcast we did with him a few months ago where he picks his Best XI so a wee plug for that as well I guess.

https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/best-xi-james-keatings/

7 hours ago, RiG said:

That's where he's largely played for us and he's been pretty "meh" for most of his time here. I could count on one  at a push two, hands the number of good games he's had for his. His set pieces are usually decent though but if you play him as a 10 I'm not sure how much more you'll get from him than we've done although perhaps he'll be unique in that a team other than ICT gets the best from him.

He's said himself he prefers playing further forward either up front by himself or alongside someone else and that's what he's been doing under McCann for two games but Robbo almost always played him behind White or Todorov.

He talks more about it in a podcast we did with him a few months ago where he picks his Best XI so a wee plug for that as well I guess.

https://thewynessshuffle.podbean.com/e/best-xi-james-keatings/

What's his injury record been like with ICT? 

3 hours ago, Beachbum said:

What's his injury record been like with ICT? 

It's not been too bad actually. He missed a few games at the start of the 2019/20 season and this season he has mostly been free of (major) injuries however our series of calls offs may have clouded my memory as whilst it looks like he hasn't missed many games it may be that if we had played them as originally planned he wouldn't have been able to make it.

If I am going to be really harsh I would suggest that he struggles to complete 90 minutes. He's only done this 12 times from 50 odd games for us. That said I believe he does require an operation on an injured groin (?) but we cannot afford to pay for it so we are probably seeing a slightly hamstrung Keatings especially over recent months.

But actually looking at his "pure" numbers for us they aren't that bad actually. Scoring rate broadly on a par with his time with Hibs and Hamilton and he contributes a few assists into the bargain as well.

Overall I am a bit "meh" about him going. I love the guy from both a football and personal view. His decision to open up about his battle with depression was admirable and he's definitely a "cute" player who can play clever passes for team mates which we really don't have right now. That said, I don't think we have seen the best of him at ICT. We've seen flashes of his instinctive finishing and skill at set pieces but they have been very much interspersed amongst a good number of average performances.

If Raith can help him clear up his groin issue (if that is true) and he can get a good pre season behind him he could well do a turn for you. 

I have vague recollections of Keatings playing on the wing for Hibs and Accies but I don't think he's ever played out there for us.  I don't think he could anyway - in the last couple of games he's played up front and looked really slow.  He is skilful and good from set pieces but I do think he's a luxury player to some degree.  We've played mainly as a 10 and essentially a replacement for Polworth but he hasn't been as good as him despite being a more experienced player.  I'd rather we kept him but if he's away I doubt any fans will lose sleep over it.

I actually wonder with his lack of pace these days if he could be reborn in midfield.  His general ball retention is pretty good and I do wonder if playing him as a deep lying midfielder could work. 

19 hours ago, steakngravy said:

It's my 69th birthday on the 23rd  what's the chances of a nice win as a present Rovers.🎂

Soixante neuf no less!💥

I hope you get what you wish for. Have an enjoyable time.🤗

22 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Cheers Embow, getting back into the ground would be wonderful.

Wouldn't it be just. Cannae see it happening though before your big day.☹️

Just go for the three points!🤗