The New Raith Rovers Thread

Dave McKay signs a one year extension. Good to see the club sticking by him after his injury. Big year for him next season, hope he can get back fit and really kick on.

Possibly a day of extensions with McKay’s announced at 11am and Thomson at 10am? All eyes on midday. No inside info but I have a strange feeling Hendry might sign an extension.

53 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

All eyes on midday.

Just a reminder to buy your 50/50!

So far so good. I’m glad McGlynn sees a place in next season’s squad for McKay, hopefully he can get back to his best after a full pre season and all that.

Hendry signing an new contract would be utter scenes, but I just can’t see it.

Musonda, for me, would be the one we might have an outside chance of keeping. I would expect Spencer, Ugwu and Vaughan to still be here next season out of the others still not announced as being signed up for it yet. 

On 28/02/2021 at 12:53, renton said:

Yeah, you might be right. It was QPR.

Edited to add: my confusion came from the fact we had that never worn red and blue striped away shirt that year.

Made its debut in the 'Live the Dream' fixture at the end of the season, adorned by @Hank Scorpioand myself, amongst others.

Depressingly, mines is quite a snug fit these days. :lol:

48 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Don’t see Frankie staying, his agent probably has his next gig all signed up by now.

Yeah, many factors at play, not all of which any of us will know fully, as to why a player might sign with us or somebody else. I just hoped we might have a wee chance of keeping him another season.

Great to hear Dave McKay getting a new contract, watched him in reserves and first team action and I believe he has a bright future if he's allowed to play in the centre, potential to be a brilliant defender. Either that or this comment will age like milk.

8 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I was just about to post something similar, Mentioned this to my son as potentiality and possible cause of KM's drop in form.

If he's unwilling to go FT we may see a new LB coming in, hopefully Macca will take a chance and go for it does anyone know what his other job is?

As I understand it, he works at his father’s company installing sensor doors...but that’s simply something I heard.

Ready for some fun...next year’s CB list could be Lang, McKay, Bene and Mendy, add Musonda and I’d be happy....just saying. Davo’s possible coaching role doesn’t seem likely with the Rovers.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

As I understand it, he works at his father’s company installing sensor doors...but that’s simply something I heard.

Ready for some fun...next year’s CB list could be Lang, McKay, Bene and Mendy, add Musonda and I’d be happy....just saying. Davo’s possible coaching role doesn’t seem likely with the Rovers.

I read similar about MacDonald. Greig Spence was in a similar situation when with us I think which allowed him to switch between full and part time fairly easily.