Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Are you not confusing that with Grant Murray’s last season? We won away at Falkirk on BBC Alba after Maurice Malpas came in and went on a good run but it ultimately fell apart again before the end of the season.

Under McKinnon, I don’t think we were out the top 4 all season despite a couple of winless runs in November and January. We did get a 2-2 draw at Falkirk in February which was the beginning of a positive run of results to the end of the season after the January additions.

I always think the first half of the season results under McKinnon are exaggerated. We weren’t great by any means but we always seemed on course to stumble our way into 4th. The run of form after the signings was outstanding though and turned us from a decent side to a very good one. Shame about the first 10 minutes at Easter Road...

Very possibly. A lot of those seasons have somewhat blended into one... 

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I'm surprised you made the game.

I wash quite shober ash I recall....hic

From the post January McKinnon squad I think Hardie, Connolly, Craigen, Callachan, Toshney, McKeown and possibly Thomson would all have good cases for getting into the current team. 

Edited to add for any Pars fans looking in that Hardie was 100 times the player Wighton was for us... 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

On 17/02/2021 at 15:22, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Really hope he does well. An amazing prospect for Fulham

2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Good to know we wont have to buy an abysmal stream/commentator/follow the baldy.

Thank f**k for that.

46 minutes ago, renton said:

Thank f**k for that.

And so say all of us!🤭🤫😄

I think that the one camera BBC coverage has been pretty limited even compared to club systems.

Reghan Tumilty openly admitting that his favourite goal this season was when he hand balled the winner over the line v Hearts at Tynecastle is something that I fully endorse.

Reghan Tumilty openly admitting that his favourite goal this season was when he hand balled the winner over the line v Hearts at Tynecastle is something that I fully endorse.

lightX.jpg

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Has he been getting into u23 squads yet? 

57 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Has he been getting into u23 squads yet? 

Not yet. He seemed to start quite slowly for the under 18s, picked up an injury and played a game for the u17s on his return before now starting to grab a few goals at under 18 level. Good to see him get off the mark more recently though. 

We are so Jekyll & Hyde. We can play utterly sublime football, and yet play like strangers and can’t string two passes together. 

Yet another week of failing to string together 2 performance and results. We have been both the best and worst team I have seen this season. Hugely frustrating.

Said on the match thread I think McGlynn got it totally wrong today but the constant injuries and being unable to name a settled side must be annoying and a slightly contributing factor to our inconsistency.

Hopefully we can get the likes of Matthews, Musonda, Spencer and Vaughan back soon, they will make a big difference. Ideal world, everyone fit, I think our strongest line up at the moment is:

MacDonald

Tumilty      
Musonda    
Bene    
MacDonald

Spencer   
Hendry   
Matthews

Armstrong   
Duku   
Kennedy

Hopefully the injuries clear up and we get a chance to see that against Alloa or very soon.

Armstrong needs benched. How many times will he take on one too many, or be crowded out, fall over and / or pass to the opposition? Too many. Needs a rest.

We have enough in our squad to cover injuries,

For me our problem with inconsistency is attitude.Its not all about fancy football,sometimes you have to dig in and do the dirty stuff which some of our players  cant do or fancy doing.It appears to depend on what mood their in on match day

If todays tactics/the  way we played/tackled the wind and pitch is down to McGlynn he rightly should be criticised