The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think Duku is finished with us. Not sure what has gone on but he's clearly third choice forward now. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm sorry, but Abraham looks like he's only still in the game because he's got a famous brother. 

At least you're not leaping to any premature conclusions, eh? 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

At least you're not leaping to any premature conclusions, eh? 

Yeah, I've had seven days to consider all the evidence and it's time to publish the result. 

I look forward to the two of them proving me wrong. 

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm sorry, but Abraham looks like he's only still in the game because he's got a famous brother. 

Hes a young player whos  played only a handful of games in the EPL 1st division whos come up to Scotland,a totally different enviroment,very little training with us and thrown in at the deep end

Give the guy a break

6 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Hes a young player whos  played only a handful of games in the EPL 1st division whos come up to Scotland,a totally different enviroment,very little training with us and thrown in at the deep end

Give the guy a break

He's never scored a goal in his career and he could barely get a look in during his two loan spells down south. Meanwhile, our top scorer can't even get on the pitch. 

It would be good if someone in the media would ask McGlynn why Duku is suddenly 3rd choice. Not expecting Raith TV to rock the boat but surely whoever it is that covers us for the FFP should be asking that story of question? 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

He's never scored a goal in his career and he could barely get a look in during his two loan spells down south. Meanwhile, our top scorer can't even get on the pitch. 
It would be good if someone in the media would ask McGlynn why Duku is suddenly 3rd choice. Not expecting Raith TV to rock the boat but surely whoever it is that covers us for the FFP should be asking that story of question? 

It’s an interesting question why Duku is suddenly 3rd choice, what ever people think of his all round game he’s still our top goal scorer. Has Covid effected him or does he have a wee niggling injury. Abrahams possibly looks the real deal in training but he’ll need to start to show it on the pitch. Lad looks like he’s got pace but I’m not convinced he should be ahead of Duku. We’ll see how we line up against Ayr massive game and a chance to put distance between ourselves and 5th place if we can win it.

Ugwu has really impressed since coming into the side. His strength to hold off players and link up is great. Abraham definitely looks a much rawer talent but let’s just see how he settles in. Duku we know well, but if he’s had Covid then no wonder McGlynn is using him sparingly.  I’m happy to trust McGlynn’s reasoning for how he uses each player and just delighted that we have three decent options up-front. 

It must be mixed feelings for Raith fans this season, you'll be delighted to be in the play-off places but in probably the best season in your club's history you don't get to see your team play. Then likely at the end of this season Falkirk and Dunfermline will buy all your best players and you'll be allowed back in the stadium after you've missed seeing those players in a Raith top. 

1 minute ago, MS RR said:

It must be mixed feelings for Raith fans this season, you'll be delighted to be in the play-off places but in probably the best season in your club's history you don't get to see your team play. Then likely at the end of this season Falkirk and Dunfermline will buy all your best players and you'll be allowed back in the stadium after you've missed seeing those players in a Raith top. 

homer simpson episode 13 GIF

3 minutes ago, MS RR said:

0/10

5 minutes ago, MS RR said:

AB9408ED-9433-4E29-919F-692BEC05279E.png

47 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Priceless! 
We are having a great season (again) and this wee chaps losing the plot.
F#####g love it!

Utter, utter cringe patter.

23 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

Ross Callachan forcing McGregor into a last minute own goal scoring a last minute equaliser. Still dazzled how he’s playing in the Prem after 1 good season in the second tier and two seasons of being an average 1st division midfielder. 

Fixed that for you. 

Good on him though, he's exceeded what I thought he was capable of. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

15 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

Ross Callachan scoring a last minute equaliser. Still dazzled how he’s playing in the Prem after 1 good season in the second tier and two seasons of being an average 1st division midfielder. 

Always great to see an ex player getting one over the gruesome twosome 

Ross Callachan scoring a last minute equaliser. Still dazzled how he’s playing in the Prem after 1 good season in the second tier and two seasons of being an average 1st division midfielder. 

I enjoyed Callachan when he was with us. The only thing that infuriated me was when he would try and get the long range rasper off, which never came off, ever!
The only goal I really recall Callachan scoring was away to Ayr, 1st or 2nd game of the season under Locke. (I’m sure he scored more, but can’t think of any others off the top of my head.)

2 hours ago, MS RR said:

living-rent-free-in-your-head-303079-1.jpg