The New Raith Rovers Thread

Happy with the appointments too - looking forward to getting behind them and the team.

On the subject on the account / site for donations: I expect to use it to give the club the gate money I've no interest in spending in person should we have fixtures against Sevco this season. Unless we vote them in ourselves, that is!

Not my first choice, but this isnt the time for negativity.

Lets get right behind them.

"Get it changed Murray". Liking the sound of it already.

Na il favour

"this is murder Murray"!

I can see it now in a few weeks

Punter at game- "Murray your a disgrace to Scottish football!, stop all this tippy tappy shit. If i wanted a 3-0 victory playing good football id stay at home and watch the English league now fooking hoof it!"

I can see it now in a few weeks

Punter at game- "Murray your a disgrace to Scottish football!, stop all this tippy tappy shit. If i wanted a 3-0 victory playing good football id stay at home and watch the English league now fooking hoof it!"

laugh.gif I remember hearing something along those lines. A guy along from me, well known for his shouts of "Git it oan the deck Rovers" was enraged during our title winning season back in 08/09 when we'd play the ball on the ground but still needed a goal. End of games and he was "Get it up the fucking pitch Rovers...". You can't win with some fans!

laugh.gif I remember hearing something along those lines. A guy along from me, well known for his shouts of "Git it oan the deck Rovers" was enraged during our title winning season back in 08/09 when we'd play the ball on the ground but still needed a goal. End of games and he was "Get it up the fucking pitch Rovers...". You can't win with some fans!

Yup no winning over some fans, fair doos we didnt always play the best football but it was effective. Our near promotion season proved this. Be interesting to see what tactics get employed by Murray and how he sets out the players

Just looked on the bbc sport page and the SPL clubs have voted against the NEWCO being admitted into the SPL. However they say that the only viable option now is to create an SPL 1 and 2.

Lets hope the Rovers are in the top flight if that's the case.

Bit of a copout if you ask me but at least they're out o the SPL

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18702275?

Edited by MICMAC

Just looked on the bbc sport page and the SPL clubs have voted against the NEWCO being admitted into the SPL. However they say that the only viable option now is to create an SPL 1 and 2.

Lets hope the Rovers are in the top flight if that's the case.

Bit of a copout if you ask me but at least they're out o the SPL

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18702275?

Nah, f**k that shite - I don't want my club to be party to any attempt to stitch up Scottish football by making sure that sevco 5088 get's a speedy return to the top flight.

Infact I'm going to give this a kick up the arse and get it going.

This is the account number and sort code of the Support Rovers fund, set up by the Rovers Fans' Director - Dave Wann.

Account Name : Support Rovers

Account Nr: 06025487

Sort Code 80-16-84

Any money donations should be made into this account. I'll post it onto the big rangers admin thread as well, unless someone has already done this.

Ah, cheers for that Hank.

(I'd set up an ft account and PMed 12th man to see if we can assure anyone that we could ringfence funds for a specific purpose, and also mailed the club about costings or whatever - not yet heard back from either. But you're right, we should get on with this while there's still a will for it.)

I shall go and donate my own pledge right away.

Sorry guys can't afford to donate at present but reading your guys messages of support genuinely reaffirm my faith in football and give me hope that decent people who are involved in well run clubs will come out the other end of this intact...

da_no_1 is one of the last people on the board I ever expected to have a love-in with, but cheers. It's mutual too, Dunfermline's strong stance was all the more impressive for the fact that you might have had more to gain by trying to curry favour with the SPL.

Now give us a kiss ...

To think that a year ago we were all absolutely fizzing about the way the club was being run...

I'm delighted with how we've engaged with the fans over the past few weeks. I'm exceptionally proud of the way the club lead the way against newco, and I know we'll do all we can to try and keep them out Division One.

I'm going to purchase myself a Gold Membership within the next week as a gesture of my thanks to the club. I think the club deserve it.

laugh.gif Aye, last year everyone was seething about the negativity about the club. Sent off an email to Hutton to thank him for all he has done during this scandal and say how welcome it was. Incidently, A dons fan on twitter sent me a link to this which is very heartening to see. Currently looking for work, but when I get a job I'll save up a bit and look to get my season ticket and a gold club membership too.

laugh.gif Aye, last year everyone was seething about the negativity about the club. Sent off an email to Hutton to thank him for all he has done during this scandal and say how welcome it was. Incidently, A dons fan on twitter sent me a link to this which is very heartening to see. Currently looking for work, but when I get a job I'll save up a bit and look to get my season ticket and a gold club membership too.

Fantastic actually just signed up to their forum to post

This thread had been posted up on Pie and Bovril under the Raith thread and as a Raith fan I cant thank you guys enough for the support your club and indeed others have pledged to our club.

My late grandad was also a die hard Dons supporter which gave me an affinity with your club (cup games aside ;D ) and your guesture here has cemented that and no doubt raise similar affection with other fans.

If you do intend on coming to one of the games please let us know which one so we can try and arrange some pre and post match hospitality for you guys.

All the best for next season

Not the best worded but sure i got my point accross

Fantastic actually just signed up to their forum to post

This thread had been posted up on Pie and Bovril under the Raith thread and as a Raith fan I cant thank you guys enough for the support your club and indeed others have pledged to our club.

My late grandad was also a die hard Dons supporter which gave me an affinity with your club (cup games aside ;D ) and your guesture here has cemented that and no doubt raise similar affection with other fans.

If you do intend on coming to one of the games please let us know which one so we can try and arrange some pre and post match hospitality for you guys.

All the best for next season

Not the best worded but sure i got my point accross

Absolutely bang on PC, well done.

Just made a donation, this one in the amount of what I would spent on train and turnstyle for the Wick game. There will be more when I'm better placed to offer it.

It's crucial to reward and support the club just now.

Big lalz if the cup gets re-drawn and we're at home....except for the supporters that have bought train tickets and booked accommodation obviously.