The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 hours ago, Raithie said:

McKay is a huge step down from Frankie, dropping Hendry because there are assumptions he'll be away in January is mental, Armstrong is far from just a utility player and if fit will play every week, Smith is injury prone and Mahady/Ugwu have barely, if at all, kicked a ball for us to assume they can fill the void if Duku leaves. Oh and Mendy will be punted the minute his contract is up. 

McKay is a step down, not sold on huge.

Hendry, give some others  a look in now and then, not drop.

Smith, we don't know he is yet.

Mahady and Ugwu, lets see them get some time, like Smith.

Mendy will remain.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:
Surely we won’t be seeing offers for all of our best players since we’re 3rd in the league not 1st. 
Hendry can’t sign a pre contract until the end of January either as he’s still 22 

It will depend when his contract is up, rather than his age surely?

No, players can’t be signed on pre contract agreements until they’re 23. Although hendry is 23 in January making it a tricky one

2 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

No, players can’t be signed on pre contract agreements until they’re 23. Although hendry is 23 in January making it a tricky one

I don't think you're correct tbh. 

Pre Contracts can be signed by any player of any age, however if he's 23 or under then you're entitled to compensation? 

56 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think you're correct tbh. 

Pre Contracts can be signed by any player of any age, however if he's 23 or under then you're entitled to compensation? 

Bosman ruling doesn’t allow U23s to sign pre contract agreements, compensation is if the young player is offered a contract but turns it down to join another club. Like Nisbet leaving us.

Mendy will remain.

I think that’s highly unlikely. Had McKay stayed fit, Mendy would be 5th choice CB. He’s playing because we have no other options. I love the guys enthusiasm but no way is he going to develop into a reliable centre back at this level.

I don't know where some people have gotten the expectation that our fifth choice centre half should be a world beater. 

There are teams in this division fielding the likes of Sean McGinty and Gregor Buchanan in their first choice back line. That we have a fifth choice is a remarkable privilege; that we a fifth choice who can make it to the game on time, point in the right direction, and win his headers is a fucking miracle. 

I'm dreading we have to play Mendy against the pars, bad enough QOS, he is just not a very good player 

I doubt that’ll be the case. KMac due back for the Pars game, so he’ll come in and it’ll be Frankie back in at centre half.

7 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

Bosman ruling doesn’t allow U23s to sign pre contract agreements, compensation is if the young player is offered a contract but turns it down to join another club. Like Nisbet leaving us.

I appreciate we're going back some years, but the Pars signed Joe Cardle on a pre contract when he was younger than 23, meanwhile currently in the Premier league you have Allan Campbell and Conor McLennan being touted for pre contract moves, both are under 23.

The Nisbet case is different, he was under contract at Raith however there was a clause which allowed him to go for free if Raith weren't promoted. 

7 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

This is wrong.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

This is right.

As long as you offer a player classed as u23 a deal, at least equal to his current deal, before he reaches the final 6 months of his deal, then you're due compensation.

It's rare for U23s so sign PCAs in the lower tiers as, frankly, nobody has enough money to make it worthwhile, but it does happen. We done it in January with McCart who was 22.

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/mccart-agrees-pre-contract-club

Before agreeing a fee later in the window to bring McCart in immediately. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Was probably due to happen one day, doesn't come as any less of a shock though. 

Presumably you play Football Manager?

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Presumably you play Football Manager?

Not for years, haven't bought a decent laptop for years and it got to the stage that the one I had just wasn't playing the game well, used to be a decent way to spend a few hours aswell. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Not for years, haven't bought a decent laptop for years and it got to the stage that the one I had just wasn't playing the game well, used to be a decent way to spend a few hours aswell. 

Fair dues, just where most folk seem to learn compo rules 😂

FWIW, while I'm here, made this for elsewhere so might aswell share it with Raith fans. Regan Hendry "statistical profile" against Championship CMs this season, minimum of 600 mins played. Get figures for each metric, then split them in "percentiles" (virtually just ranking them from best to worst, but a bit more fancy). Closer to the edge in theat category, better they are compared to the division.

Hendrypercent23.thumb.jpg.b78b663b364f09174e8555085e82354f.jpg

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair dues, just where most folk seem to learn compo rules 😂

FWIW, while I'm here, made this for elsewhere so might aswell share it with Raith fans. Regan Hendry "statistical profile" against Championship CMs this season, minimum of 600 mins played. Get figures for each metric, then split them in "percentiles" (virtually just ranking them from best to worst, but a bit more fancy). Closer to the edge in theat category, better they are compared to the division.

Hendrypercent23.thumb.jpg.b78b663b364f09174e8555085e82354f.jpg

Aye, when I did play FM I was at my peak for knowing the score. 

I do love a good graph like that, there's a few good accounts on twitter, very interesting. 

If you were to pick a "dream team" of a player from each position in say a 442 what would be your ideal team? 

Edited by Grant228

3 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

I doubt that’ll be the case. KMac due back for the Pars game, so he’ll come in and it’ll be Frankie back in at centre half.

Back, and out of form. It’ll be Tumily/Mendy/Bene/Musonda for the next couple of games.

5 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Tx you are deluding yourself if you think Mendy is good enough for this level. He’s not even good enough for league 2 let alone the Championship. So could you kindly give it a rest. 

Your £0.02, I’m thinking otherwise. We’ll know come August or so.

54 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If you were to pick a "dream team" of a player from each position in say a 442 what would be your ideal team? 

Based on numbers alone this season, and ignoring the flaws in that, and ignoring players under 400 mins, it would be...

Sinisalo

Smith - Halkett - O'Brien - Kingsley

Ross - Hendry - Adam - Armstrong

Boyce - McManus

If you wanted a more balanced CM, drop out Hendry for Scott Allardice, plus I've also got a soft spot for Luke McCowan, so would put him in there too. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is wrong.

This is right.

As long as you offer a player classed as u23 a deal, at least equal to his current deal, before he reaches the final 6 months of his deal, then you're due compensation.

It's rare for U23s so sign PCAs in the lower tiers as, frankly, nobody has enough money to make it worthwhile, but it does happen. We done it in January with McCart who was 22.

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/mccart-agrees-pre-contract-club

Before agreeing a fee later in the window to bring McCart in immediately. 

This is wrong this is right?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_transfer_(association_football)