The New Raith Rovers Thread

Really enjoying watching us at the moment shame we can’t do it from the stands. I still think our defence needs some work but I’m maybe doing them a disservice as we’re joint with Hearts on only 9 goals conceded but I feel we look a little panicky sometimes at the back but better with MacDonald over Thomson in goal. Midfield amazing so far this season so nice to have wingers in Armstrong and Ross both happy to take a man on.
Tait, Mathews and Hendry have been outstanding and definitely the driving force for our teams great start (Reagan please extend your contract [emoji120]) Duku up top has been a great find too so well done to our back room guys.

Start of the season I’d have happily taken 8th to stay up but the lads have exceeded the expectations of all bar the most optimistic in our support. I don’t know if we can keep it going but the lads are in the playoff spots on merit after 1/3 on the season and still a game in hand. I’m sometimes quick to criticise our board and even our coaching staff but this first 3rd of the season has been outstanding.

Negatives this season ICT away and letting Pars back in at Starks, Positives absolutely everything else.

If Duku goes in the transfer windie, how much you think we will get? 50k?

Unless we are desperate for cash or get an extremely good offer we shouldn’t be selling him to anyone mid season, replacing a striker who’s scoring more than a goal every second game is extremely difficult.

30 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Reagan Hendry will not be signing an extension heard a wee rumour he will be signing a pre contract in January. 

If he's signing a pre contract I'd rather we looked to move him on in January if at all possible in that case. Even a few thousand is better than nothing. 

If we beat Queens we're pretty much safe so we should then be trying to get whatever we can for players who will otherwise leave in the summer. 

If he's signing a pre contract I'd rather we looked to move him on in January if at all possible in that case. Even a few thousand is better than nothing. 
If we beat Queens we're pretty much safe so we should then be trying to get whatever we can for players who will otherwise leave in the summer. 

Get what you’re saying but what’s the difference in prize money between places? Genuine question as I don’t actually know. Is it worth moving one of our standout players even if we’re safe if it possibly drops us 3-4 positions. At present we’re 3rd would we stay there is we keep him possibly but I certainly doubt we’d stay 3rd without him.

Today was the 12th time since McGlynn came back that we have scored 4 or more goals. Quite an achievement considering he hasn’t actually had a full 36 game season in charge yet, with last season cut short and him joining a quarter of the way into the previous season.

To put it into perspective we only managed 4 or more goals 14 times in all competitions in his entire 6 seasons first time around.

The results are obviously the most important thing but it’s great to have an young, attacking team playing good football. We didn’t have an outfield player over the age of 29 today with the average age of the side 23. We’ve had a few decent teams over the years but most could be filed under ‘not pretty but effective’. How many times have we seen Rovers sides batter long ball after long ball into the wind in conditions like today?

It’s not always perfect but for the first time since Calderon maybe? It’s nice to have a side that is attacking and easy on the eye with the focus being on getting the ball on the deck.

Edited by R.R.FC

26 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Get what you’re saying but what’s the difference in prize money between places? Genuine question as I don’t actually know. Is it worth moving one of our standout players even if we’re safe if it possibly drops us 3-4 positions. At present we’re 3rd would we stay there is we keep him possibly but I certainly doubt we’d stay 3rd without him.

Yeah fair point, that would need to be taken into account. 

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

It’s not always perfect but for the first time since Calderon maybe? It’s nice to have a side that is attacking and easy on the eye with the focus being on getting the ball on the deck.

Calderon’s teams mostly got a lead and kept the ball, don’t remember this Attacking football 🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Calderon’s teams mostly got a lead and kept the ball, don’t remember this Attacking football 🤷‍♂️

Yeah fair point, I was more meaning that is the only other side in recent memory I can think of who focused on keeping the ball on the deck and building the play that way consistently. I was only around 10-11 years old back then though so I tend to only remember the good from that time. In particular a couple of great away performances at Hamilton and Dumbarton but they obviously weren’t regular occurrences.