The New Raith Rovers Thread

35 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

For all the plaudits Duku gets, Frankie Musonda is the real find of the summer for me. Very impressed by him. 

He’s quality. Total pro. Hard to see a way back for Davo really.

5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think the only way Frankie will be signing a new deal at this stage is if we offer a Kevin Nisbet type extension unfortunately. 

No player doing well at this stage of the season will be signing a new contract, we'll be in the same situation with Turner and Murray. It is what it is sadly, I'm not a great believer in the "Players should be loyal" stick, if the players mentioned were shite the clubs wouldn't be long in punting them. 

5 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

This

but it will show his agency that there is a route via Raith to a bigger team/ deal

Also this, my favourite team since I've moved down to England are Brentford, due to the amount of players that have joined, play well and moved on it shows the club in a good light for incoming players, good selling point. 

Edited by Grant228

15 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, agreed, he’s absolutely class.

Talks all through the game as well and seems to be a total leader, despite his young age. Really enjoyed watching him.

People forget he was Captaining the youth team at Luton just a couple of years ago. You don’t get just given that kind of role without the team seeing something. It was just that his rise coincided with Luton steadily rising in the levels.

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think the only way Frankie will be signing a new deal at this stage is if we offer a Kevin Nisbet type extension unfortunately. 

Very possibly true, unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

but it will show his agency that there is a route via Raith to a bigger team/ deal

That is the bright spot here, because Frankie would be an ideal replacement for Davo or Bene long term. If Frankie and Duku can pull offers because of their exposure it will open up a few more doors.

We also know Aberdeen has to be happy with the playing time Ross is getting (although I’m not sure Livingston will be as happy about Lars, though he is getting work), which will burnish our reputation as a team genuinely willing to play a player with talent loaned to them. The Gaffer is certainly positioning the Rovers for solid success the way he is developing the team with young players from within the system and strategic signings from elsewhere.

I know @McGuigan1978 touched on this on the Super podcast, but last night made me realise how comfortable Musonda is talking others through the game. You could hear him throughout the match chatting to those about him telling them what was needed. Obviously it's a bit easier to hear on the BBC mics, but it actually surprised me. 

I don't think either Musonda or Duku will pen extensions. The only benefit I think will come in that players coming from down South will know that they'll get given a fair chance. Both Duku and Musonda have been exceptional finds: I'd be surprised if the agents can offer that level of talent consistently. If both do move on, then fair play; neither had really carved out much in their time outside of the English non-league so it's a tremendous opportunity for them now. 

A wee word for Jamie MacDonald - he’s the goalie I wish we’d signed every summer for the last 5 seasons. Consistent as they come, minimal mistakes and likely to come up with 2 or 3 great saves per game. Not been mentioned as much Duku or Musonda, but arguably even more valuable.

13 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A wee word for Jamie MacDonald - he’s the goalie I wish we’d signed every summer for the last 5 seasons. Consistent as they come, minimal mistakes and likely to come up with 2 or 3 great saves per game. Not been mentioned as much Duku or Musonda, but arguably even more valuable.

Signing MacDonald was a great bit of business for you, and Raith seem a perfect fit for him. 

14 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

100% - owns the box, judgment and presence is excellent. Calm and confident which influences the 4 in front of him and in possession an asset too. Couple of times in recent games but especially after the Pars' 2nd goal, we settled down by keeping confident possession for a minute and McDonald was a big part of it. Assured.