The New Raith Rovers Thread

Interested how Ethan Ross is getting on with his loan?
Watched the game on Saturday and he could be a useful player?

Takes the ball in very well, I was worried he’d be lightweight but he can receive in tight areas and carry the ball up the field.

Doesn’t hide and has good ability, I like him a lot and looks a great find.

25 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Bollocks. He’s done nothing to suggest he won’t be able to move up a level and do well. He’s only 19.

Very much this, I've been impressed with him this season, he's young and has a lot of potential 

19 hours ago, big al said:

Interested how Ethan Ross is getting on with his loan?

Watched the game on Saturday and he could be a useful player?

Strengths: Aggressive, fast, causes opposing defenders to foul in fear, nice first touch and control, high motor and happy to roam wide.

Weaknesses: Hasn’t yet found his crossing boots fully (often a little off on weight) and that slightly hurts his distribution, seems a wee bit tentative on being willing to shoot versus trying to find the “right” pass (perhaps a slight lack of confidence in shooting abilities for now?).

Summary: Almost certainly a Premiership starter in the future, has huge potential for further development into a high level star. His time at RR will almost certainly make Aberdeen very happy,  but also raises his profile with other teams and leagues. He’s the kind of player that doesn’t make headlines a lot and then gets noticed by the scouts looking at someone else.

1 hour ago, big al said:

One to watch then! 
cheers lads

The kid is going places if he continues to develop his skills and touch. Could become an outstanding winger/wide player in any number of schemes, again depending upon health and drive...but so far has looked hungry as hell.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Strengths: Aggressive, fast, causes opposing defenders to foul in fear, nice first touch and control, high motor and happy to roam wide.

Weaknesses: Hasn’t yet found his crossing boots fully (often a little off on weight) and that slightly hurts his distribution, seems a wee bit tentative on being willing to shoot versus trying to find the “right” pass (perhaps a slight lack of confidence in shooting abilities for now?).

Summary: Almost certainly a Premiership starter in the future, has huge potential for further development into a high level star. His time at RR will almost certainly make Aberdeen very happy,  but also raises his profile with other teams and leagues. He’s the kind of player that doesn’t make headlines a lot and then gets noticed by the scouts looking at someone else.

What do you mean by "high level star"? 

We are still about £500 behind Tranent Juniors on the Donate a Ticket fundraiser. More of their fans are putting in a regular £5 as you can donate any amount.

I think that we need to keep up giving little & often until we can attend games again. 

We are still about £500 behind Tranent Juniors on the Donate a Ticket fundraiser. More of their fans are putting in a regular £5 as you can donate any amount.
I think that we need to keep up giving little & often until we can attend games again. 

A lot of fans have been putting in a lot of cash, and it’s not just an endless supply we’ve got. I’ve bought the streams, the new classic strip, I play the 50/50, the lottery and I contribute £20 a month to the players fund. People can’t do everything.

6 hours ago, JAR said:

I don't suppose they've got the bulk of their support already contributing to a monthly scheme. 

6 hours ago, JAR said:

I don't suppose they've got the bulk of their support already contributing to a monthly scheme.