The New Raith Rovers Thread

Iain Davidson out for 8-10 weeks, and Vaughan out for another 8 weeks. Not good at all.

Kieran MacDonald won’t make Saturday but will hopefully return after that. Jack Smith a couple of weeks away. Gozie Ugwu joins training next week.

4 hours ago, Paco said:

Iain Davidson out for 8-10 weeks, and Vaughan out for another 8 weeks. Not good at all.

Kieran MacDonald won’t make Saturday but will hopefully return after that. Jack Smith a couple of weeks away. Gozie Ugwu joins training next week.

So that leaves us with three backs...two CB and a RB...healthy for the match. I would say play Tumilty/Mendy/Musonda with Hendry and Spencer as Defensive Mids in a 3-2-3-2. Play Matthews, Coulson Arnott and Armstrong in the middle with Mahady and Loko Coulson up front. Thomson in goal, only because Bow’s not healthy yet...Ross, Duku, JMac and Arnott on the bench.

Edit: Forgot Loko is cup tied!

Edited by TxRover

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

So that leaves us with three backs...two CB and a RB...healthy for the match. I would say play Tumilty/Mendy/Musonda with Hendry and Spencer as Defensive Mids in a 3-2-3-2. Play Matthews, Coulson Arnott and Armstrong in the middle with Mahady and Loko Coulson up front. Thomson in goal, only because Bow’s not healthy yet...Ross, Duku, JMac and Arnott on the bench.

Edit: Forgot Loko is cup tied!

Mendy and Masonda into the middle, Tumilty right back, Armstrong at left back (he's done it a couple of times before)

Matthews and Spencer sitting with Hendry playing more advanced. Tait and Ross either side of Duku.

Might be too strong a side for an effective dead rubber mind. 

Edited by renton

1 hour ago, renton said:

Mendy and Masonda into the middle, Tumilty right back, Armstrong at left back (he's done it a couple of times before)

Matthews and Spencer sitting with Hendry playing more advanced. Tait and Ross either side of Duku.

Might be too strong a side for an effective dead rubber mind. 

Are you two just giving Bene the weekend off, or do you know something I don't? 

Surely it's just the same team that started against Caley Thistle, barring any like for like changes that the gaffer wants to make to give Mahady, Arnott or Coulson some game time. 

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Surely it's just the same team that started against Caley Thistle, barring any like for like changes that the gaffer wants to make to give Mahady, Arnott or Coulson some game time. 

I may be wrong, but I thought he was suspended for the weekend.

41 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Benedictus yellow v's Hearts and yellow v's ICT = suspension.

37 minutes ago, renton said:

I may be wrong, but I thought he was suspended for the weekend.

You could well be right. I'll withdraw my smart-arse tone. Booked at Tynecastle and booked on Tuesday night. 

In that case, I agree with you. Probably Armstrong to left back. And then Coulson straight in for Armstrong's spot? 

Tait is back so I suspect he’ll come in for Bene, with Armstrong to LB and Tait on the wing.

Would be nice to see some of the young lads get a start but we know this management team will give them a go when they’re ready.

3 hours ago, Paco said:

Tait is back so I suspect he’ll come in for Bene, with Armstrong to LB and Tait on the wing.

Would be nice to see some of the young lads get a start but we know this management team will give them a go when they’re ready.

Why risk Ross and Duku, who have both been beaten up recently? I know we don’t have a young, healthy replacement for both “officially”, but Coulson for Ross and Mahady for Duku seems smart, they could use the rest. Ideally, I’d put in Arnott for Hendry too. 

On 12/11/2020 at 23:34, Grant228 said:

Some players are lucky to come back from 1 acl injury. 

He's had 3, the fact it's even a discussion is a huge testament to his character. 

Spot on. Might DM that to him on Twitter.