The New Raith Rovers Thread

It does look like you lot will be staying in league 1 for another year at this rate, I’d get comfy if I were you
Yeah probably, tbh i had high hopes for this season, but same old same , we rotten tbh, signed that Diddy from East Fife and don't know why they raved about him, good luck in championship, beat them to title!

35 minutes ago, steveffc said:
38 minutes ago, Messi Sevco Scott said:
It does look like you lot will be staying in league 1 for another year at this rate, I’d get comfy if I were you

Yeah probably, tbh i had high hopes for this season, but same old same , we rotten tbh, signed that Diddy from East Fife and don't know why they raved about him, good luck in championship, beat them to title!

Falkirk have been so badly run for a couple of years now, doesn’t look like M & M are the right managers either. 

Take on tonight’s game.

Our midfield was superb first half but a bit worrying that Inverness snuffed us out so effectively at the start of the second. Regan Hendry is an absolute joy to watch. He’s the best midfielder we have had since Hetherston. Armstrong also superb. 

Robbie Thomson not that convincing. Thank god we have Jamie Macdonald. Defence is the weak point.  Nando has become a cult hero but sorry he’s not up to this level. We need to look beyond the cult status and get a central defender who keeps his position. Masundo is great going forward but also appeared average as a defender. 

Can’t complain too much though. We are definitely a cut above the lower teams in this league

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Take on tonight’s game.

Our midfield was superb first half but a bit worrying that Inverness snuffed us out so effectively at the start of the second. Regan Hendry is an absolute joy to watch. He’s the best midfielder we have had since Hetherston. Armstrong also superb. 

Robbie Thomson not that convincing. Thank god we have Jamie Macdonald. Defence is the weak point.  Nando has become a cult hero but sorry he’s not up to this level. We need to look beyond the cult status and get a central defender who keeps his position. Masundo is great going forward but also appeared average as a defender. 

Can’t complain too much though. We are definitely a cut above the lower teams in this league

Mendy's positioning is still suspect but miles better than it was (which was non existent). Good in the air but over reactive when sticking his leg in. Actually like his distribution a lot.

I suspect I'm being well harsh here but agree on Thompson. Never really rated him and thought he should have done better with the first goal, and, this is where I'm sure I'm being harsh... as good as the 2nd reaction save was, I felt he kinda fucked the fist block a bit so they the 2nd became necessary.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Mendy's positioning is still suspect but miles better than it was (which was non existent). Good in the air but over reactive when sticking his leg in. Actually like his distribution a lot.

I suspect I'm being well harsh here but agree on Thompson. Never really rated him and thought he should have done better with the first goal, and, this is where I'm sure I'm being harsh... as good as the 2nd reaction save was, I felt he kinda fucked the fist block a bit so they the 2nd became necessary.

It was interesting that ICT tried to catch Thomson off his line a couple of times. 

I think he's a good shot stopper generally but not great for commanding his area. He's a good enough back up though and I'd play him against Cowden also.