The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’ll play nice and not quote all of those here who said I was insane for saying Mendy had improved and might work at this level...but I told you so. Next prediction, Coulson...already looked handy with a little passing at the end of the Morton game for a few minutes.

Never mind McGlynn, let him stay at home whilst Paul Smith takes care of it all! 

Mendy was very exciting given the way the game was going, throwing himself at everything. Would probably have my head in my hands if it were 0-0 right enough. 

I’ll play nice and not quote all of those here who said I was insane for saying Mendy had improved and might work at this level...but I told you so. Next prediction, Coulson...already looked handy with a little passing at the end of the Morton game for a few minutes.

I'll happily admit I backed him after him looking a total bombscare while concussed last season and after seing him in a pre season season friendly said he didn't look good enough. I still haven't seen anything to suggest he's good enough for this level.

eta: I didn't see today's game... Looking forward to the highlights.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
25 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I'll happily admit I backed him after him looking a total bombscare while concussed last season and after seing him in a pre season season friendly said he didn't look good enough. I still haven't seen anything to suggest he's good enough for this level.

...but also not enough to suggest he isn’t good enough either? He looked pretty comfortable against Hearts in the Betfred match too. Honestly, for now Davo might be my preference over Nando, but not by much...

Now we get to worry about facing ICT without Tait because of two yellows, right?

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

...but also not enough to suggest he isn’t good enough either? He looked pretty comfortable against Hearts in the Betfred match too. Honestly, for now Davo might be my preference over Nando, but not by much...

Now we get to worry about facing ICT without Tait because of two yellows, right?

Two in the cup.

Dylan    Tait    1010    1310    1710

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Robertson was on the radio earlier saying they can't go through and he plans to make at least 6 changes and play all the guys who were subs today.

Couldn't watch the game today unfortunately. Glad to hear he is looking the part though. It was never in doubt. I wasn't aware tait had been booked today. Not sure what the rules are this season though I'm sure he's had more than two yellows?

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Couldn't watch the game today unfortunately. Glad to hear he is looking the part though. It was never in doubt. I wasn't aware tait had been booked today. Not sure what the rules are this season though I'm sure he's had more than two yellows?

Tait wasn’t booked...but had a yellow in the two Betfred matches. Only Tumilty booked today.

Edited by TxRover

Desperate to get back into Starks to see this team. Never thought I'd be saying that two years ago. Was genuinely considering finding something better to do with my Saturdays by the time Smith left. Since the return of the current management team we have just gotten better and better. 

Every player has played well over the 4 games but that midfield 3 of Tait, Hendry and Mathews is just wonderful, without doubt the best Rovers midfield since the mid 90s