The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

So, after his standing down as chairman, Bill Clark was terminated as a director of Raith Rovers Football Club Ltd on 23 August. 

He's just been re-appointed as a director yesterday. 

I still don't really have a feeling for what went down earlier in the year, but it would appear bridges weren't burnt. 

Hopefully he's back involved. I think it might have been related to the media coverage trying to build up the Raith chairman vs Hearts fans during the summer. I really like Clark. Firstly, he's always been transparent about the clubs position and what is best for us: he's been honest about most things even if it upset a few fans of other teams. 

52 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Why did Bill leave in the first place ?

As mere minions we will never fully know what happens deep within San Starko. Unfortunately returning usually never works out. Hope it does this time but history is never usually wrong. 

2 hours ago, Surely No said:

As mere minions we will never fully know what happens deep within San Starko. Unfortunately returning usually never works out. Hope it does this time but history is never usually wrong. 

Yet John McGlynn Mk II seems to be doing well enough.

3 hours ago, Surely No said:

We're speaking of a guy who was well respected by the vast majority when asked to step up to the plate on behalf of Raith Rovers due to the Tynecastle toys being slung out the pram earlier this year. He was the public face of the club in trying and fractious times.

He's not now being asked to be the face of Raith Rovers up front as in the past. He's working with a fellow director on a particular issue. 

I fail to see how coming back with his experience and expertise cannot be to the benefit of the club and so therefore the supporters.