The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

FYI, the Pars fans reported almost 1,700 streams sold. lol forward to seeing how we did...don’t expect that, but should be decent.

The Pars have previous for  inflating attendances so take streaming figures with a pinch of salt 

Surprised they never announced a crowd of 5000 at the game 😂😉

Edited by Rovers_Lad

8 hours ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Another one here who was streaming for the first time and very impressed with RaithTV. Didn't expect as many cameras around the ground while the box in replay is a great touch.

Still in utter disbelief that attempting to sign up and buy a stream at 14:59 wasn't plain sailing. The site didn't load for AT LEAST 30 seconds.

1 star.

Probably waiting for a sale, eh?

While I’m here, let’s not forget that Tait now has three yellows in three games (2 Betfred and 1 Championship). Anyone know the (I assume) revised thresholds?

Edited by TxRover

While I’m here, let’s not forget that Tait now has three yellows in three games (2 Betfred and 1 Championship). Anyone know the (I assume) revised thresholds?
Assume they are unchanged, but even if not the cup and league cards don't get totalled up together.

6 hours ago, true_rover said:
13 hours ago, TxRover said:

Assume they are unchanged, but even if not the cup and league cards don't get totalled up together.

Keeping them unchanged seems of dubious sense, but knowing the SPFL...

Yes, I’m aware they are separate, hence the word “thresholds”, the plural of threshold. My point is he’s setting himself up poorly for a career with officials, if he becomes known as a habitual card receiver as a young player,

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yes, I’m aware they are separate, hence the word “thresholds”, the plural of threshold. My point is he’s setting himself up poorly for a career with officials, if he becomes known as a habitual card receiver as a young player,

He was only booked 3 times in 20 appearances last season. It's a bit early to say he's making any sort of name for himself for poor discipline. 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He was only booked 3 times in 20 appearances last season. It's a bit early to say he's making any sort of name for himself for poor discipline. 

And I’m noting he’s been booked three times in three games this season...pretty much for aggressive challenges...just concerned that he doesn’t become “known” for it.

40 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That's an interesting question. I'm not aware of any change in the regulation so there fore it is presumably 6 bookings in first 18 league games = 1 game suspension. Getting to 12 bookings in a 27 game season seems unlikely but I expect someone will give it a go!

Nothing has changed about the way the Betfred Cup runs so not sure why you'd assume anything would change with the suspension rules in it. Two booking = immediate one match suspension. Which is why Dylan Tait will be sitting out Raith's next Betfred Cup tie.

47 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's an interesting question. I'm not aware of any change in the regulation so there fore it is presumably 6 bookings in first 18 league games = 1 game suspension. Getting to 12 bookings in a 27 game season seems unlikely but I expect someone will give it a go!

Nothing has changed about the way the Betfred Cup runs so not sure why you'd assume anything would change with the suspension rules in it. Two booking = immediate one match suspension. Which is why Dylan Tait will be sitting out Raith's next Betfred Cup tie.

Davo will ebsure he sits out Christmas again whether through bookings or a sending off.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Makes sense, I wasn’t sure if the Betfred would be changed because it’s pretty much status quo...the league, as you note, is a little bit different, so I thought they might have gone off the tracks a bit, but didn’t see anything in the most recent SPFL rulebook.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Makes sense, I wasn’t sure if the Betfred would be changed because it’s pretty much status quo...the league, as you note, is a little bit different, so I thought they might have gone off the tracks a bit, but didn’t see anything in the most recent SPFL rulebook.

Probably because disciplinary matters are for the SFA, not the SPFL.

Noticed a couple of questions on the RaithTV chat about if a replay is available to those who purchase a game. I know some teams do that, and it would seem to add value at little cost, unless I’m missing something.

It would mean the volunteer's who already do more than enough have more to do. The quality of the stream on top of the half time stuff, which has been based around all 4 teams thus far is surely worth £12?

41 minutes ago, grumswall said:

It would mean the volunteer's who already do more than enough have more to do. The quality of the stream on top of the half time stuff, which has been based around all 4 teams thus far is surely worth £12?

Absolutely agree, but if there is a way, adding value at negligible cost would seem a win. I’m not asking the volunteers to make it happen, perhaps the club could offer a little assistance to help support the streaming income stream.