The New Raith Rovers Thread

54 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

For raith tv guy that posts on here

Are there streaming figures for the East Fife game?.Be interesting to see how much it brought into the club

The numbers had to be checked the last I heard. The tally will hopefully go out very soon.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

How do they know how many were E Fife fans? Did it ask a question on sign up? I know how many we had for our two Betfred games but I havent a clue how many were away fans.

We probably counted the number of melts on the chat board throughout the game.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

How do they know how many were E Fife fans? Did it ask a question on sign up? I know how many we had for our two Betfred games but I havent a clue how many were away fans.

You state the team you support when you create an account on the website.

So 900 passes. Last season the one league fixture at Starks got 2900 odds. Even if you assume all season ticket holders were there that is 2000 paying customers, so call it 30% of our paying gate for the same fixture.

Creates some concerns that we will see much in the way of paying customers for the league.

37 minutes ago, renton said:

So 900 passes. Last season the one league fixture at Starks got 2900 odds. Even if you assume all season ticket holders were there that is 2000 paying customers, so call it 30% of our paying gate for the same fixture.

Creates some concerns that we will see much in the way of paying customers for the league.

Very true although league cup games never generate anything like the same interest as league matches. 

One issue when selling streams is the family of 4 or 5 who would normally pay in individually or buy individual season tickets now only need to buy one season ticket / match pass for them all to be able to watch. There will also doubtless be people who watch it at a mate's, regardless of whatever restrictions are in place.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we sell more than a couple of hundred streams tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Is there a virtual hospitality pass you can buy to pretty much guarantee yourself a winning 50-50 ticket? 

Back in the 70's every match programme had a unique number which entered you into the half-time draw.

It became beyond fucking tedious when at least once a month the wife of a director won the draw.

Calling non-UK Raith supporters.

Going to buy the season ticket to Raith TV - can you watch it on your smart TV? Or is it Ipad only?

Not sure about others but when I lived in the States I couldn’t get it to work on my smart TV although it could have been operator error. Used to use my PC and HDMI it to my TV.

18 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

Calling non-UK Raith supporters.

Going to buy the season ticket to Raith TV - can you watch it on your smart TV? Or is it Ipad only?

I’ve watched RaithTV in the following ways:

1) TV internet browser - Great video and size, but the video tends to stutter as the chat board updates...and you are limited to one device signed in, so you can’t have the TV full screen and an iPad logged in to chat on. The TV I’m using is WiFi connected, reports are that hardwired TV’s don’t stutter like that.

2) iPad - IMHO, the best choice. Excellent video, easy to toggle between full screen and partial to monitor chat.

3) iPhone - Works...small...

4) Computer - Excellent option, only watched hardwired and had no issues.

Edited by TxRover