The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Is Aitchies still under the guiding hand of Brian & son?

I had heard he was selling up, be an awful shame if he has, it's been a staple of my career offshore.

Think its a younger lad that runs it now, I presume its the son.  They were looking at buying the bar next door to do something with the last I heard, but that was pre-virus.  The bar opened up again after the lockdown so I presume it's still going to be on the go for the foreseeable.  

1 hour ago, Messi Scott said:

And a season later became the worst team in British football history. 

That team we had for that Championship season was the same one that you played over the two playoff games, drawing both as we went into them having won only 2 out of the previous 9 games (and finishing the league losing more games than we won).  Therefore, highlighting that you got papped out by the worst team in the history of British football does yourselves absolutely no favours.

I still remember the reaction to that last minute McManus leveller though.  (Short lived) #scenes

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

That team we had for that Championship season was the same one that you played over the two playoff games, drawing both as we went into them having won only 2 out of the previous 9 games (and finishing the league losing more games than we won).  Therefore, highlighting that you got papped out by the worst team in the history of British football does yourselves absolutely no favours.

I still remember the reaction to that last minute McManus leveller though.  (Short lived) #scenes

If nothing else our two teams over that period demonstrated how easily one or two bad decisions can totally undermine and undo a decade or more of slow patient progress.

15 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but Championship clubs agreed last week that away clubs will not be allowed to send a camera to games. Home club will film and supply footage. Part of procedures to cut visiting personnel to absolute minimum. They are allowed one match reporter and one photographer only.

We are not allowed a camera at Morton on Tuesday.

Nonsense SD, we're sending our camera operator, website editor, social media guy, video analyst, graphic designer and sysadmin to all our games. 

Might even have a photographer at some games.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Won’t be long before you’re evicted through the trap door anyway

48 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Nonsense SD, we're sending our camera operator, website editor, social media guy, video analyst, graphic designer and sysadmin to all our games. 

Might even have a photographer at some games.

😂

Maybe, but he won't be bringing his (video) camera.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

😂

Maybe, but he won't be bringing his (video) camera.

Being honest though, not 100% percent sure of the logic to that decision. We had 4 cameras against Kilmarnock. It's not hard to give an away team some space of their own.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

Being honest though, not 100% percent sure of the logic to that decision. We had 4 cameras against Kilmarnock. It's not hard to give an away team some space of their own.

It's also not necessary when the game is being filmed anyway. The logic (whether I agree with it or not) is to minimise as far as possible the number of bodies inside a ground during a match. It's not necessary for two different people to film the same game. I'm half surprised they didn't also ban an away photographer.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's also not necessary when the game is being filmed anyway. The logic (whether I agree with it or not) is to minimise as far as possible the number of bodies inside a ground during a match. It's not necessary for two different people to film the same game. I'm half surprised they didn't also ban an away photographer.

I can guarantee clubs will be lax in sharing their footage. It was a problem last year. It's the same problems with pictures in my opinion.

Like I said when I do everything in one... I don't see the logic.

Edited by LeodhasXD

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I can guarantee clubs will be lax in sharing their footage. It was a problem last year. It's the same problems with pictures in my opinion.

Like I said when I do everything in one... I don't see the logic.

It's not usual for it all to be the same person though. They came up with a policy. I DO see the logic but I'm not sure I agree with it. The standard of footage is obviously different across the clubs. The manager would like our regular guy to taker our away footage but it is what it is. If clubs don't share it quickly enough they'll either get a rocket up them or the policy will end up changed I guess. These decisions and discussions are always made by people not involved in the practicalities of actually doing it!

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's not usual for it all to be the same person though. They came up with a policy. I DO see the logic but I'm not sure I agree with it. The standard of footage is obviously different across the clubs. The manager would like our regular guy to taker our away footage but it is what it is. If clubs don't share it quickly enough they'll either get a rocket up them or the policy will end up changed I guess. These decisions and discussions are always made by people not involved in the practicalities of actually doing it!

Yeah I'm certainly going to take it up with the powers that be to see what they think. I don't mind allocating someone some space beside me or god forbid sending them over to the empty away stand. Or make them all multitask like I do. Either's quite fair imo.

On the "no away team video" agreement, I'm fine with it albeit for mostly selfish reasons. In a normal season I would go to 80% of games on either the team or supporters' bus so I was going to be missing plenty of away games anyway. It would seem easy enough to accomodate the usual crews safely if required.

I've mostly been able to get footage from other teams - it just might take a day or three to get it. Equally, I've always been happy to oblige other clubs. There are practical problems with getting footage immediately after a game just down to all the different equipment being used etc. Am I right in thinking the Championship Pixellot footage will appear on Wyscout as part of the SPFL agreement?