The New Raith Rovers Thread

He is a winger, McGlynn has said all pre season he was still looking for another wide man so not too surprising and no real baring on the injury situation, he was always looking to bring another winger in any case. pars fan I know said  he is very pacey but thought last year looked a bit light weight, looks like he has bulked up a bit though ..

3 hours ago, RRPT said:

Most of us will admit they are the bigger team. Does it bother me? Not in the slightest.

Bothers Messi Scott though which is pretty funny. 

I thought Ross was OK, had pace about him and I remember him coming on as a sub in a game and looking really good, then starting the next and not doing anything. Bit lightweight at times and a tendency to fall out of games, pretty much as you'd expect a youth winger to be really! 

Good squad option. 

16 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Looked promising last season and for a loan signing looked like he actually gave a f**k. Pacey but a bit lightweight would be the perfect description.

Sounds promising see if he's bulked out a bit since he was with you guys,  At least he's got some Championship game time just have to see how he goes and like all youngsters he'll no doubt blow hot and cold.  

I see there is still no Home Shirts for sale and the season starts next week, something seriously wrong somewhere in our supply of stock it shouldn't take this long to get new stock in.  How many weeks have they been sold out now? Seriously starting to doubt we will get any more in.  

The trialist is indeed at right back.

I only caught the first couple of minutes of the Rovers' audio, but I believe the other trialist who's been on the bench, Arnott, has signed a contract. 

Early signs seem to be that Pixellot loses track of the ball if it's hoofed into the air. That might be something of an issue in our lower leagues... 

Quite impressed overall by the Pixellot system, other than the fact that it loses the ball anytime it goes above it’s field of vision. Rovers have had a lot of the ball and a few chances, Matthews having a certain goal blocked at point blank range.

Lovely goal that. Ethan Ross certainly looks lively. Loads of energy, and he's been fairly direct so far. Took the ball off the left flank there, cut inside and kept going as the defence expected the shot, only to play Tait (I believe) in with a reverse pass. Tait's first touch was a little too heavy and stopped him taking the shot, but he chipped a great wee cross to the back post for Duku to nod over the line. 

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

1-0 Duku with some excellent build up play. Ross looks excellent, albeit it is a meaningless game. 

Thought they'd f***ed it with the first touch that took it away from goal, but rescued it with that cross.  Boooo.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Early days I know, but I really think we’ve won a watch with Manny Duku. So, so fast in behind, wins a lot of headers and can hold it up. Looks a great find.

Every club he's been at apparently he's looked incredible in pre-season then faded when the competitive games started. Hopefully McGlynn sorts that! He's looked really solid in this game!