The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well, since you mentioned it...unfortunately my tap into the Pixellot mainframe was discovered, so I didn't get any video. Nando's English is badly handicapped by an atrocious Fife accent he's somehow picked up on top of his Loireian burr, and with no penalties conceded, he doesnt see to have "touched" the ball.
As for formation, pure speculation:
JMac
Tumilty, Mendy, Bene, KMac
Matthews, Hendry, Armstrong
Tait
Duku, Smith

Unconfirmed reports suggest Osman Sow was playing for DUFC, and just possibly Declan Glass.

He’s not going to play a winger in central midfield. It’ll have been a 443 with:

Tait Hendry Matthews

Smith Duku Armstrong

I can't help but feel paranoid that Vaughan wasn't playing, even though a few other regulars also didn't start. 

Wouldn’t read too much into Vaughan not starting. He will be behind the rest of the guys fitness wise having been sidelined for so long. The last thing you’d want to do would be to start him if he was anything than other than 100% fit.

12 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

He’s not going to play a winger in central midfield. It’ll have been a 443 with:

Tait Hendry Matthews

Smith Duku Armstrong

Fair alternate guess, but Armstrong has played back a bit before...but at least we're talking about actual players and positions in a game now!

10 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Wouldn’t read too much into Vaughan not starting. He will be behind the rest of the guys fitness wise having been sidelined for so long. The last thing you’d want to do would be to start him if he was anything than other than 100% fit.

100%

1 hour ago, spot on said:

Dont think it would have been 12 a side friendly or not😉

Nah, it’s a new thing. The twelfth player is assigned to run around after the ball and wipe it down on a stoppage, plus they shout social distancing reminders and wipe down the goal posts and keepers gloves now and then.

Good to see Jack Smith playing, hopefully can stay fit and kick on.

Manny Duku is gonna be a beast (bookmark it)

I would love to see Jack Smith come through his injuries and become a big part of our squad. He’s always just seemed to be on the cusp then gets another setback, I really like the looks of him as a player.

I would love to see Jack Smith come through his injuries and become a big part of our squad. He’s always just seemed to be on the cusp then gets another setback, I really like the looks of him as a player.

It’s weird how people’s perception can be totally different. I can’t see a player anywhere near professional level in him from what i’ve seen

12 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

It’s weird how people’s perception can be totally different. I can’t see a player anywhere near professional level in him from what i’ve seen

I thought at Dumbo away at the start of last season he was working hard and showed some clever movement, then obviously got his goal vs. Clyde but he didn't look either outstandingly quick or strong either.

29 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Would love to see him stay fit and see if there is a player there but I think he will be overlooked this season and I think the young boy Mahady will get in front of him for chances. If Vaughan shows he is fully recovered and will be playing games then I would loan Smith out till January and see if he developments with regular games in league 1 or 2.

On 13/09/2020 at 18:10, TxRover said:

Alternately, if we have the ACTUAL mascots hold a Royal Rumble™️...

Seed the mascots 1-10 based upon position at the shutdown...7 v 10 and then 8 v 9 preliminaries then reseed each round for QF, SF and Final. That gives us...

Preliminaries:

mighty Bully Wee vs Scooby Blue - In a shocking result, Scooby, thanks to his practice wrestling the ex-Chairman wins to advance

Sammy the Scurry vs Baxter the Bridie - Gulp, Sammy advances.

Quarter Finals:

Roary Rover vs Scooby Blue - Never really in doubt as Roary suplexes Scooby to advance.

Fergus the Fox vs Sammy the Scurry - Feathers everywhere, Fergus advances.

Rocky the Rooster vs Pellie the Elephant - Pellie uses the advantage of a prehensile trunk to choke out Rocky, Pelli advances.

Monty Mole vs Eric the Eagle - Despite a smooth head with nothing to grab, Monty’s lack of vision results in a loss to Eric.

Semi Finals:

Roary Rover vs Pellie the Elephant - Pellie forced to withdraw when howdah installed for fight cause back issue, Roary advances.

Fergus the Fox vs Eric the Eagle - Fergus chomps on a tired Eric to advance.

Finals:

Roary Rover vs Fergus the Fox - After an unfortunate incident where Ray McKinnon snuck into Fergus’s dressing room and advised him to go for the tie on the road, Roary catches Fergus against the ropes, and performs a piledriver for the win and a Raith promotion.

Relegation Final:

mighty Bully Wee vs Baxter the Bridie - Despite cannibalistic concerns, the mighty Bully Wee takes a bite out of Baxter to seal Forfar’s relegation.

I don’t think Royal Rumble means what you think it means.....

Smith did fine. Changed our attack in the first game of the season vs Dumbarton and scored against Clyde. 

Don't remember much else but he certainly didn't give the impression of a player who was miles off it. Certainly not like the likes of Osei etc. 

5 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

I think he looks technically capable, intelligent movement and wasn’t he a goalscorer in youth and reserves.

If he can become physically more imposing I think he could be a player.

I think a lengthy spell of playing without injury is the next step for the lad. He showed some potential, but his habit of niggling injuries is a bit concerning.