The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Did the mascots of each club have a Royal Rumble to determine the winners?

Reported for:

1) Encouraging violation of the 1878 Factory and Workshops Act.

2) Inciting violence.

3) Copyright infringement regarding WWE NXT.

4) Likely violations of the Gambling Bill.

Alternately, if we have the ACTUAL mascots hold a Royal Rumble™️...

Seed the mascots 1-10 based upon position at the shutdown...7 v 10 and then 8 v 9 preliminaries then reseed each round for QF, SF and Final. That gives us...

Preliminaries:

mighty Bully Wee vs Scooby Blue - In a shocking result, Scooby, thanks to his practice wrestling the ex-Chairman wins to advance

Sammy the Scurry vs Baxter the Bridie - Gulp, Sammy advances.

Quarter Finals:

Roary Rover vs Scooby Blue - Never really in doubt as Roary suplexes Scooby to advance.

Fergus the Fox vs Sammy the Scurry - Feathers everywhere, Fergus advances.

Rocky the Rooster vs Pellie the Elephant - Pellie uses the advantage of a prehensile trunk to choke out Rocky, Pelli advances.

Monty Mole vs Eric the Eagle - Despite a smooth head with nothing to grab, Monty’s lack of vision results in a loss to Eric.

Semi Finals:

Roary Rover vs Pellie the Elephant - Pellie forced to withdraw when howdah installed for fight cause back issue, Roary advances.

Fergus the Fox vs Eric the Eagle - Fergus chomps on a tired Eric to advance.

Finals:

Roary Rover vs Fergus the Fox - After an unfortunate incident where Ray McKinnon snuck into Fergus’s dressing room and advised him to go for the tie on the road, Roary catches Fergus against the ropes, and performs a piledriver for the win and a Raith promotion.

Relegation Final:

mighty Bully Wee vs Baxter the Bridie - Despite cannibalistic concerns, the mighty Bully Wee takes a bite out of Baxter to seal Forfar’s relegation.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why were Raith 'awarded' the title if they never won it? Were names drawn out of a hat? Did the mascots of each club have a Royal Rumble to determine the winners?

A vote , in which clubs voted for there own safety or false promotion . to scared to actually play out the season incase they were relegated or failed to WIN promotion 

2 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

A vote , in which clubs voted for there own safety or false promotion . to scared to actually play out the season incase they were relegated or failed to WIN promotion 

So clubs could have voted for any team in the league to win it? Do you have a list of which team each club voted for?

Quick question? I have several, but i will start with this.
With the new season, not beginning until October, when exactly did you invisage we could have played the last (8 games is it? Sure someone has mentioned once or twice it was 8) been played?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

So clubs could have voted for any team in the league to win it? Do you have a list of which team each club voted for?

No , voted to end the season . with the standings being final . hence teams being champions or  safe and free from relegation or play off's 

5 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

No , voted to end the season . with the standings being final . hence teams being champions or  safe and free from relegation or play off's 

"The standings being final".

And how were those standings arrived at?

11 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Quick question? I have several, but i will start with this.
With the new season, not beginning until October, when exactly did you invisage we could have played the last (8 games is it? Sure someone has mentioned once or twice it was 8) been played?

The league would have been POSTPONED , then restarted to finish the season fairly on results and games played against all teams in the league . 

1 minute ago, tazz1903 said:

By a vote , not playing football . 

Oh, so the league positions, 1 to 10, were decided by a vote?

So clubs were all given a ballot and asked to rank each team 1 to 10 then?

Do you have a breakdown of how each club ranked each team?

Edited by DA Baracus

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Oh, so the league positions, 1 to 10, were decided by a vote?

So clubs were all given a ballot and asked to rank each team 1 to 10 then?

Do you have a breakdown of how each club ranked each team?

No , i  dont think you understand what i mean 

Just now, tazz1903 said:

No , i  dont think you understand what i mean 

Please explain.

So far you've said final standings were based on a vote to end the season as things stood, i.e. as the standings were at the time.

You have then however said that those standings were also arrived at via a vote.

The league would have been POSTPONED , then restarted to finish the season fairly on results and games played against all teams in the league . 

Postponing the league would have just been delaying the inevitable. The teams at the top would have won their respective leagues, hearts, partick and stranrear would have went down.

Not sure if you are aware, but none of the teams are exactly raking in the cash that would pay the 5 grand a game for covid testing for the last 8 games and then the following seasons games as well. The teams voted and this is where we are.

I am actually failing to see your point here. The team who were top when things came to a halt because there was much more important things going on in football would have won it, whether that be us or had been montrose or peterhead.

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Postponing the league would have just been delaying the inevitable. The teams at the top would have won their respective leagues, hearts, partick and stranrear would have went down.

You cant say that for sure ? so we end all seasons with 8 game to play ? really ?