The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

I,ll say one thing about your guy, he always put your club first regardless of what the circumstances were. His downfall was one to many interviews with the press, which resulted in at least two major U turns which infuriated many clubs. 

What were the 2 major U turns?

Contrary to popular belief, there was no u-turn on reconstruction. Raith were in favour of 14-14-16 which is not what was being proposed. 

23 minutes ago, Stelios said:

What were the 2 major U turns?

Contrary to popular belief, there was no u-turn on reconstruction. Raith were in favour of 14-14-16 which is not what was being proposed. 

I'm sure Clark had stated before the vote that we would be in favour of a 14-10-10-10 that would benefit both ourselves and Falkirk.  

Anyway, sad to see him leave as regardless of anything else he had the clubs best interests at heart and fought tooth and nail to protect them.  Certainly left us in a better place than the previous chairman, who barged his way through the fans going up Pratt Street after Alloa scored their 2nd goal in the playoff game.

No point reading anything wider into it until more info becomes available, there could be all sorts of reasons why he has decided to step down. 

The problem for Bill Clark is that John Sim holds all the cards. No one’s going to be able to vote him down etc.

That’s not to say Sim isn’t a positive at the club, he seems to have good ideas and the new property manager position is an interesting one. Whatever he says, goes though!

20 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

The problem for Bill Clark is that John Sim holds all the cards. No one’s going to be able to vote him down etc.

That’s not to say Sim isn’t a positive at the club, he seems to have good ideas and the new property manager position is an interesting one. Whatever he says, goes though!

I strongly suspect that the only members on the board that will not be unhappy with Bill Clarks departure are Mssr's Sim and Sinton.

As JJ says having an owner who solely owns the stadium, holds the majority shareholding in the club and sat on the football club board couldn't have left the board much room for manoeuvring. Now he's chairman there can only be less.

Since the new regime came in we have lost a lot of people who were if nothing else at least dedicated to the club, I'm concerned more changes (removals) could be in the offing. If new blood is coming in with fresh investment then I hope the owner has done due diligence, the thought of being taken back to another Kelly, McGowan/Short or worse Anelka is frightening.

It worries me that some may possibly esteem Starks Park Properties to be of greater import than Raith Rovers.

55 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

No point reading anything wider into it until more info becomes available, there could be all sorts of reasons why he has decided to step down. 

37 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

This.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

I'm sure Clark had stated before the vote that we would be in favour of a 14-10-10-10 that would benefit both ourselves and Falkirk.  

Permanently, yes

But not, as was being proposed, for only 2 years thereafter 4 teams would be relegated from the Premiership and 6 from the Championship. 

I can't imagine that anyone would want to invest in a Championship team right now and this will likely be down to personal choice.

However, if some is mad enough to be investing at this time then we should be welcoming it with open arms as it secures the future of our club. Unfortunately, it would seem in that scenario, that means Bill Clark is collateral damage... but that's business.

He did a good job, wasn't sure of him at first but had guided the club through a difficult time well.