The New Raith Rovers Thread

If Dylan “tears up” the Championship, he might be closer to a eight-figure prospect given his youth and position.

Steady! We got £150k for Bowie which was a great result, it’s a bit of a leap to say Tait could be worth £10million!

2 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Go home, you’re drunk.

I love Ando but there’s no chance we should have kept him on, never mind put him in the team.

Guess you didn't see the home defeat by Dumbarton last season? If we don't get a loan player for that position, then other than Davo, Grant Anderson will play there.

I'm rat-arsed of course tho not so much that I'd consider Nando as a valid shout 

2 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Guess you didn't see the home defeat by Dumbarton last season? If we don't get a loan player for that position, then other than Davo, Grant Anderson will play there.

I'm rat-arsed of course tho not so much that I'd consider Nando as a valid shout 

Why would be play Anderson there when we've just signed a centre half who in his own words said he also played right back? 

The only reason Anderson played there that day was because we had our worst defensive injury crisis for years. 

Frankie Musonda is definitely the second choice right back. After that though - if I was picking - it'd be Anderson. 

McGlynn does definitely seem more inclined to push Anderson further forward, and his preference is always to convert a centre half (hi Dave!) rather than a winger, but I think Anderson gives you the most whilst losing the least elsewhere, particularly if you go with a back five. 

Frankie Musonda is definitely the second choice right back. After that though - if I was picking - it'd be Anderson. 
McGlynn does definitely seem more inclined to push Anderson further forward, and his preference is always to convert a centre half (hi Dave!) rather than a winger, but I think Anderson gives you the most whilst losing the least elsewhere, particularly if you go with a back five. 
Aye Anderson as a rwb wouldn't be the worst prospect. It would allow him to push on more knowing there was someone to cover while still providing the out ball etc and his work rate would make up for alot of the defensive skills he doesn't have. It's probably one of the reason mcglynn has kept him on knowing he can play there at a push. Mcglynn has spoken about being able to play players in different positions in both spells and its the right way to look at things.

22 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

So, with a back five we run the three best of Bene, Davo, Musonda, and Mendy as the CB’s and then run MacDonald and Tumilty wide, with Anderson as the backup? I don’t see it.

41 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Steady! We got £150k for Bowie which was a great result, it’s a bit of a leap to say Tait could be worth £10million!

Let’s consider...

Bowie: Raw potential and playing well at the equivalent of English Tier Six. Worth £150,000 to a English Tier Two team.

Tait, if he tears up the Championship, would be future growth potential, youth and proven performance at roughly English Tier Four level. That’s the wheelhouse for English Tier One or Two recruitment.

Would £10,000,000 be insane, probably, but several million isn’t out of the realm of possibility if he tears it up.

5 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Your determined to shoe horn Mendy into the team some way or another 😅

Are you his agent?

No, but I want to remind people that he isn’t a failure yet...we just don’t know. If he was a dismal failure, JMcG would be looking for another CB, given Davo’s (and to an extent, Bene’s) penchant for accumulating cards. We currently have exactly four potential CB starters...Davo, Bene, Musonda and Mendy.

So, if that’s the long and short of it, has JMcG determined that Mendy can’t do the job at CB? Perhaps Mendy is a reserve behind Tumilty and Musonda...but that’s a luxury with out thin CB options. We know that Mendy has improved, but how much and what does the gaffer think.

Let’s consider...
Bowie: Raw potential and playing well at the equivalent of English Tier Six. Worth £150,000 to a English Tier Two team.
Tait, if he tears up the Championship, would be future growth potential, youth and proven performance at roughly English Tier Four level. That’s the wheelhouse for English Tier One or Two recruitment.
Would £10,000,000 be insane, probably, but several million isn’t out of the realm of possibility if he tears it up.

I love this. Never change, Tx.

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

No, but I want to remind people that he isn’t a failure yet...we just don’t know. If he was a dismal failure, JMcG would be looking for another CB, given Davo’s (and to an extent, Bene’s) penchant for accumulating cards. We currently have exactly four potential CB starters...Davo, Bene, Musonda and Mendy.

So, if that’s the long and short of it, has JMcG determined that Mendy can’t do the job at CB? Perhaps Mendy is a reserve behind Tumilty and Musonda...but that’s a luxury with out thin CB options. We know that Mendy has improved, but how much and what does the gaffer think.

For reference, it looks like David Turnbull to Celtic fromMotherwell will be announced tomorrow, for a reported fee of £2.7m. I think chat of Tait being worth “several million” after a theoretical good season in the championship is a *wee bit* OTT. 

1 hour ago, Messi Scott said:

I think Vaughan could be a big player this year, he’s someone that can comfortably step up at this level, I don’t think many other clubs in the championship will have as good a striker. 

Settle. 

47 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Whom is this Tait you talk of please? 

Anderson I think is being kept as a utility player who can fill in a number of positions.

This is pretty much the short version of what I said earlier for anyone who can't be arsed reading an essay.

@mr alli he's a youngster who is good but will never go for ten million in his career. I would of course love to be wrong and I do think he has a bright future but the chances of him being that level are slim.