The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I’d imagine he’s done it since football stopped.

Apparently it was sustained in one of the last training sessions, pretty innocuous it seems. It's taken them to this to get an appointment and scan to confirm the damage.

23 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

There will be no boycott. Fans will not be able to attend before Christmas.

Fingers crossed, your little tinpot club will be dead by the end of the season.

23 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Coll story Bro.

19 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

I'll enjoy it more than you and your one-pony village will.

This is you, eh?

IMG-20200730-WA0001.thumb.jpg.9e2249b9d462cc86feb89f15e213a560.jpg

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

National League South? That would be a bold step into the unknown for us, but if it's true and the guy isn't on this list then we're doomed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league-south/top-scorers

Leicester City did OK with a kid that was just a couple of years out of the National League level. Some bloke named Vardy...sometimes you find diamonds in the damnedest places.

On the rumour front, remember last pre-season McGlynn said he had his eye on a loan player that "would be like winning the lottery"? 

I'm going to say that it was Karamoko Dembele, and that McGlynn is just as keen on getting him this year... 

I honestly can’t see that happening as I reckon he’ll get game time for Celtic this year

I do think you’re right that it was Dembele he was speaking about last year though.

Can’t be a coincidence that the club have a virtual friendly out of the blue with a  Whitehawk Fc from Brighton area who play in one of the south leagues who I’ve never heard of and then we have a rumour that we are signing someone from the southern leagues🤔 part of the deal a pre season friendly of sorts🤔

25 minutes ago, spot on said:

Can’t be a coincidence that the club have a virtual friendly out of the blue with a  Whitehawk Fc from Brighton area who play in one of the south leagues who I’ve never heard of and then we have a rumour that we are signing someone from the southern leagues🤔 part of the deal a pre season friendly of sorts🤔

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitehawk_F.C.

So who do we think it is?

3 hours ago, RRFCJack95 said:

Can someone answer the questions as to how it has taken around 4 months for an ACL injury to be diagnosed?

If you go through the NHS that's roughly how long it takes, especially with Covid the waiting times would've went up a bit. If it was innocuous Raith probably didn't want to shell out going private with an MRI at a time when cash was really tight. 

It took me 8 months to get the surgery, from getting the injury going through the NHS. 

10 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

So he incurred this injury pre coronavirus?

Was McKay still on contract or was he re-signed?

McKay was already signed through May, 2021. The injury is reported as occurring in one of the last practice sessions.

Edited by TxRover