The New Raith Rovers Thread

Posted at 13:1113:11

Sports stadia can have limited spectators from 14 September

Ms Sturgeon says she hopes further changes will be possible from Monday 14 September, and full details are available on the Scottish government website.

The first minister says she hopes that from that day:

• Sports stadia will be able to reopen for limited numbers of spectators, with physical distancing in place.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-53436237

:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3:bounce3

4 hours ago, renton said:

At the end of the article he even states that his targets are 2x striker, 1 x winger, 1 x right back and 1x "defender"... presumably a centre back replacement for McKay.

Wonder if Mendy will suddenly turn into a footballer...

It’s disturbing that the “defender” only showed up now, as it suggests that possibly JMcG had little inkling that McKay was at risk. I hope he was simply being circumspect in not mentioning the need at CB before it was verified. Much as I love the presence Mendy might bring, and the fact he played well at Kelty, the Championship is quite possibly too far yet.

We all assume that JMcG had Dave as the cover at CB and RB, I hope we were correct, and it wasn’t Davo that was the planned CB/RB cover with Dave starting, or we might be in deeper doo-doo. I guess there is the chance that Mendy might be a usable RB backup.

This almost certainly makes us a hard 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1 team this year. Does anyone else wonder a little bit about that Scott Boyd news?

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

National League South? That would be a bold step into the unknown for us, but if it's true and the guy isn't on this list then we're doomed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league-south/top-scorers

The only name that stands out is Dennon Lewis, ex Falkirk, he hasn't exactly been prolific in his career.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The only name that stands out is Dennon Lewis, ex Falkirk, he hasn't exactly been prolific in his career.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dennon Lewis is really highly rated I believe.

I didn't scroll all the way down before posting. He was one of the Hartley signings at the start of last season was he not? 

I won't get my hopes up then about any of them.

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I was kidding.

He was a shitebag of the highest order for Falkirk and ended up on Love Island last year.

That one where the ball comes across the 6 yard box and he somehow manages to recoil away from it rather than stick his leg out for a sure fire goal. 

Gave me flashbacks to our Anelka period.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I was kidding.

He was a shitebag of the highest order for Falkirk and ended up on Love Island last year.

He clearly has a lot of confidence though trying to bag himself Maura.

However just like Falkirk she also told him to bolt.