The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

2012 away to Cowdenbeath, two goals down twice in the game and Mensing pokes home deep into time added on to make it 4-4

Best away draw I've ever been to.

I had a daft £1 bet on 4-4, I was in the bookies next to Wee Jimmys and noticed they were offering 200/1 on a 4-4 draw. I thought "that's just the kind of stupid shit we do!"

Quinny didn't believe me, and when I showed him the slip, then he asked why I hadn't put £5 on it 🤣

Re Scott Boyd, I wonder if he still has nightmares about that open goal header he put over the bar from a yard out at the South stand end.

Edited by Scottydog

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

Best away draw I've ever been to.

I had a daft £1 bet on 4-4, I was in the bookies next to Wee Jimmys and noticed they were offering 200/1 on a 4-4 draw. I thought "that's just the kind of stupid shit we do!"

Quinny didn't believe me, and when I showed him the slip, then he asked why I hadn't put £5 on it 🤣

The cheek of Quinny asking anyone about spending money...

8 minutes ago, renton said:

The cheek of Quinny asking anyone about spending money...

Cup games aside one of my favourite away games was the 22nd march trip to Ross Co in 2008, 2-0 down to the league leaders after only 20 mins  things looked dire but a great Templeton strike followed by a double from melon munching David Godwilllie to give us our 2nd 3-2 win up at Victoria Park that season. County had already beat us twice at home.

9 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Cup games aside one of my favourite away games was the 22nd march trip to Ross Co in 2008, 2-0 down to the league leaders after only 20 mins  things looked dire but a great Templeton strike followed by a double from melon munching David Godwilllie to give us our 2nd 3-2 win up at Victoria Park that season. County had already beat us twice at home.

Yeah I saw both those games as well, Hislop hat trick in the first game...

Edited by renton

19 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah I saw both those games as well, Hislop hat trick in the first game...

I cant remember being at the 1st game but your memory is playing tricks on you, according to BBC Hislop (2) and Weir.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/7120225.stm

4 hours ago, Michael W said:

Had to read that about four times to check we hadn't signed a player. 

Nevertheless, he's only 34. Can he play Right Back? 

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The smart money is surely on him coming out of retirement at some stage due to some horrendous injury crisis. Just as long as it's not to play in goal...

He’s was a CB...maybe stealth cover for Mendy?

Boyd hasn't kicked a ball since leaving Killie last June, I'd doubt he'll pull a pair of boots on again. He spent all of last season as a director up at Ross County until he was made redundant in May.

13 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Boyd hasn't kicked a ball since leaving Killie last June, I'd doubt he'll pull a pair of boots on again. He spent all of last season as a director up at Ross County until he was made redundant in May.

That means he's been out of football for two years less than Rudi Skacel when we signed him. 

16 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I’ll make sure to clearly note the sarcasm next time.

4 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Probably still a better option than Mendy. 

On 22/07/2020 at 13:06, R.R.FC said:

Scott Mercer and Calvin Miller. Mercer is a right back who can also play left back and is from Fife as far as I know. Miller is a winger who McGlynn will know from his time at Celtic.

I have absolutely nothing to substantiate these ‘rumours’ but anything to move this thread on from the last couple of pages.

Mercer has apparently signed for Fawkirk. 

Calvin Miller is being linked with a move to Amiens, there are still at least a couple of right backs available though... unless they've been snapped up and I've missed it.

Ross Millen (son of former Rover Andy) has left Killie and Marcus Fraser left Ross County. Fraser would be a hell of a signing but is likely out of our league both financially and class wise.

There could well be others we haven't heard of, maybe McGlynn will pull another masterstroke, nobody saw the Kieran MacDonald move coming last season and that worked out amazingly well.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

He has indeed.  If your quick you might be able to get Michael Doyle before he signs for Queens Park. 

Nah, you're all right. 

Michael Doyle was a bit of a p***k in Grange Hill. 

Can't imagine he's changed for the better 40 years on.

Kieran Wright has started following the official Ayr United twitter page and we are in need of a goalkeeper so putting 2+2 together I reckon we could be signing him. I see he was with you guys 18/19 season. Was he decent? 

Kieran Wright has started following the official Ayr United twitter page and we are in need of a goalkeeper so putting 2+2 together I reckon we could be signing him. I see he was with you guys 18/19 season. Was he decent? 

Yes, I really hoped we’d get him back this window. He’s a really good keeper and communicates well with his defenders.

44 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Good keeper plenty potential to do really well, basically he's great as long as he's got a defence in front of him!

Stick a disorganised rabble in front and you get this. https://www.raithrovers.net/36568/ross-county-5-0-raith-rovers.htm