The New Raith Rovers Thread

McGlynn ain't daft. Mad Vlad isn't the most stable of blokes to work for and he wouldn't be given a free hand to do his job nor the time to complete it. I'm hopeful he'll see sense and stay.

That's true, but Hearts are one of the biggest clubs in Scotland. Difficult to refuse, as he may not get the offer again.

McGlynn out and Macca coming in.

:huh:

As far as I know Sir Paul hasn't been back to Kirkcaldy since 1963.

His last known visit was July 1st and unless we were playing a friendly that day I doubt he'll have been to Starks Park. Further more sir the gentleman in question is 70 old and his only experience of football stadiums is playing musical instruments within them.

As such I do not understand your logic in linking him with a possible Managerial position at Starks.

I can only assume you are perhaps referrring to ex- Scotland captain and Covenrty manager Gary McAlister who is also occasionally referred to as "Macca" for I can think of no other "Macca's" of any fame whatsoever. :P

Further more sir the gentleman in question is 70 old and his only experience of football stadiums is playing musical instruments within them.

To be fair, I'd say that gives him better credentials to be a football manager than Claude Anelka had.

Seems more like typical Scottish football journalism than any evidence of actual interest in McGlynn, you know "Duh, McGlynn and Hartely were at Hearts and are managers = dead cert for new manager"

Honestly can't see it.

Last season will most probably be a key reason in their aversion to McGlynn. We turned it round at the end, but all a Hearts fan would have seen is us at the wrong end of the table for the entire season. That isn't going to inspire much confidence.

i would reckon its because of his style of football. some may argue that he has only played defensive football because thats the teams he has been able to build on the budget he has had, but it is his record so the hearts fans may be apprehensive about this.

I highly doubt we're in a position to offer another club compensation for their manager. Guess it would depend on what we got, if anything...

Most likely to be an internal appointment (Paul Smith, probably assisted by Grant Murray).

I see the fixtures are out: Was feeling a bit desperate before hand - my girlfriend's brother is getting married on Nov. 10th and my attendance is apparently compulsary. I felt that this could easily be the second Dunfermline game so was very relieved to find out I missed that horrible fate by a week.

Thanks SFA/SFL. Thanks.