The New Raith Rovers Thread

The 92/93 championship winning team kit, sponsored by John Grubb and made by Spall. I think it was either the first or second season after reverting to our traditional dark blue after years in horrible royal blue?

Might be wrong (has been known or is that known has-been) but I think the first dark blue number was a Mercat sponsored navy blue with white pinstripes and white sleeves (also white shorts & socks). I didn't like it despite the fact that I did prefer the dark blue to the royal. I think we won the 2nd div in that strip.

The 92/93 championship winning team kit, sponsored by John Grubb and made by Spall. I think it was either the first or second season after reverting to our traditional dark blue after years in horrible royal blue?

Might be wrong (has been known or is that known has-been) but I think the first dark blue number was a Mercat sponsored navy blue with white pinstripes and white sleeves (also white shorts & socks). I didn't like it despite the fact that I did prefer the dark blue to the royal. I think we won the 2nd div in that strip.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Raith_Rovers/Raith_Rovers.htm

HTH.

You're right Scotty. Jeezus my memory is shite! 86/87 league winning season, the win at Stranraer on the last day. I went out wi ma burd in Edinburgh that night with that top on, got pished, back to hers, had a shhmoke and got a hot rock burn on my rovers top. Cared not a jot!

It would be a disaster to lose McGlynn when we don't even have a squad assembled. Hopefully he'll remain here, but I've no complaints if he does go. He took us as far as he can two seasons ago, and he deserves his chance if he's offered it.

For us, however, I would be very concerned. Hopefully they appoint someone else, but I have a bad feeling he may go given who it is. Hearts can't afford someone like Sergio anymore, so It's guys like McGlynn they'll look at.

It would be a disaster to lose McGlynn when we don't even have a squad assembled. Hopefully he'll remain here, but I've no complaints if he does go. He took us as far as he can two seasons ago, and he deserves his chance if he's offered it.

For us, however, I would be very concerned. Hopefully they appoint someone else, but I have a bad feeling he may go given who it is. Hearts can't afford someone like SeUrgio anymore, so It's guys like McGlynn they'll look at.

Hearts have no money,(I was told by a Hearts employee that they are paying off around 2/3 of ground staff as it is) McGlynn is under contract so we could demand a fee, I think (hope) that will be enough to keep Hearts at bay for now, I would not be surprised if Hearts looked at Locke & Webster to fill the coaching roles

If Hearts want McGlynn and McGlynn wants to go we owe him more than to stand in his way by being obstructive about compensation.

It'd be a big blow, but he deserves his chance.

Hearts have no money,(I was told by a Hearts employee that they are paying off around 2/3 of ground staff as it is) McGlynn is under contract so we could demand a fee, I think (hope) that will be enough to keep Hearts at bay for now, I would not be surprised if Hearts looked at Locke & Webster to fill the coaching roles

Knowing Romanov, whoever does get it will probably be out the door in January. Maybe he'll offer McGlynn a PCA!

As far as compensation goes, they would maybe throw a loanee or two our way free of charge. That would probably suffice.

Edited by Michael W