The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Jeez, you’ve spent enough time on our thread to know that the Falkirk BoD have had nothing but stick from our support where merited.....

Exactly, which Is why I’ve been a little surprised at some of the venom about this. Looking forward to the slagging off of Plastic Whistle on the Falkirk threads now. Also, conversely, more than a few over here have been asking that Bill make a few less statements to the media.

Edited by TxRover

As I said a few weeks back, did Rovers unequivocally support a 14-10-10-10 or did they support the principle of it, subject to conditions such as distribution of prize money, future reconstruction, promotion / relegation etc?

If someone asked me if I'd be prepared to pay a bit more tax to improve the health and education services, I would say yes, in principle. But if then discovered I was being asked to pay an extra 30 pence in the pound and the extra tax revenue was going to pay the salaries and pensions of bureaucrats and civil servants within these services, rather than on front line workers and new facilities, I would change my tune immediately. 

Maybe Rovers and others were in a similar situation regarding the reconstruction proposals. 

Edited by Specky Ginger

‪Raith's poor record in the Highlands continued as they lost 3-0 to Inverness.‬

‪Ramón Pereira scored a double to give Raith Rovers a vital three points against Ayr.‬ ‪

Video also includes a clip of Antonio Calderón scoring a brilliant free kick against Brechin in midweek.‬

‪John Hughes admitted Falkirk were lucky to come away with a 1-0 win against Raith at Ochilview.‬

Also included in the video are the goals from Raith’s 3-1 win against Queen of the South in midweek.

On 09/07/2020 at 13:03, Grant228 said:

How is that the most fair? If not enough of the season has been completed that we can relegate teams, how on earth can we promote them? Do we do it on how far ahead or behind teams are on a case by case basis? Eg we promote Cove, Dundee United and give Celtic the title. 

Relegate Brechin, Stranraer and Hearts? 

We do know, you finished bottom. 

This is the most ridiculous logic I've ever seen. I 

It'll all die down and it'll just be Dunfermline fans calling Rovers a wee team in a few weeks x

We had a 100% win record against Partick before that final game, it doesn't mean shit. 

The liklihood is you wouldn't have won that game, any Partick fan making out differently is utterly at it. 

So you’re saying ridiculous logic is a player who’s easily a 20 goal per season striker/midfielder would get us more points. Let me remind you of the fact that he punished your filthy mob 

12 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

So you’re saying ridiculous logic is a player who’s easily a 20 goal per season striker/midfielder would get us more points. Let me remind you of the fact that he punished your filthy mob 

1)He hasn't scored 20 goals during a league campaign once in his career so far. He's only went above 10 league goals once! 

2)He's notoriously injury prone, if you're expecting him to play every game then fool on you 

3)All teams get injuries and suspensions, using some bullshit logic that although you were only a point ahead, but if so and so didn't get injured you'd be 20 points and as such you can't complain, is absolutely fucking mental. 

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

1)He hasn't scored 20 goals during a league campaign once in his career so far. He's only went above 10 league goals once! 

2)He's notoriously injury prone, if you're expecting him to play every game then fool on you 

3)All teams get injuries and suspensions, using some bullshit logic that although you were only a point ahead, but if so and so didn't get injured you'd be 20 points and as such you can't complain, is absolutely fucking mental. 

I did say if he didn’t get injured you big clown no need to get mad 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I don't know about that, however, an artisan is sweating over the Hearts trophy.

See the source image

It's a dual purpose wooden spoon. 

Not only is it an award for being the worst team in their league, but Mrs Budge can use it to stir shit. 

Edited by Specky Ginger