The New Raith Rovers Thread

Change the subject completely. Did someone say half the Tunnocks prize money had been paid out to each club? Do we know if there is any plan to play the final? I bought 2 tickets and 2 places on one of the buses but haven't heard what the club is doing.

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Change the subject completely. Did someone say half the Tunnocks prize money had been paid out to each club? Do we know if there is any plan to play the final? I bought 2 tickets and 2 places on one of the buses but haven't heard what the club is doing.

Most of the money has been paid,  obviously the winners stand to earn more.

A few weeks ago on Spotsound the SPFL fixtures secretary stated that both teams have an appetite to conclude the competition.

He said that maybe it could be played prior to the league starting,  when reminded that a load of tickets had already been sold wouldn't it be better to  play it in front of fans?.

He reacted,  it could of course be played at any point in the season. 

4 hours ago, basher brash said:

To safe guard our future we have already started planning for championship football so that’s our aIm to defend our right for promotion after the resolution was passed if it wasn’t we would be planning/ investing in League 1 next year , I have no issue if the resolution didn’t get passed it’s the fact it did now we are away down the line and we don’t know what league we will be in. The fact we have already raised 100k via supporters contributions due to the COVID and now unfairly we have been dragged into court action but it’s ironic the club it’s going to suffer the most his Hearts , yet they pay compensation for Neilson and sign Craig Gordon so far not bad for a club at the brink
Think Partick is the most disadvantaged out the 3 because Hearts have been poor all season and Stranraer have been the same but stranraer have 200k to fall back on after their cup tie with rangers and I’m sure weren’t shelling out wages at the end of the season due to the whole squad out of contract.

I feel sorry for all the clubs involved yet the SPFL have sat back and watched civil war break out and done nothing sad sad times

Quite, I know a lot of people now seem to be SPFL defenders. But regardless of whether you are a Raith/Dundee United fan, Thistle/Hearts or anyone else, the SPFL have been shocking throughout this whole episode, in my opinion. And the silence for months from Ian Maxwell and the SFA, told its own story too. 

I don’t blame RR or United for making sure they are promoted (by funding their own legal challenge) if it was Thistle, many a Jag would be demanding we do the same, the exact same that most fans of Dundee U and RR would be demanding to fight relegation, or at least get compensation, if they were in Thistle’s position. 

On the last point about Hearts, I have no idea about their finances but you make a very good point regarding Neilson and Craig Gordon, they certainly don’t seem to be a club in a financial crisis, not that they ever did claim to be. Thistle however, I imagine, might not be in a financial crisis, but certainly will have taken quite a hit, as of course a lot of clubs have as well. 

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

If I was Doncaster I’d tell Hearts and Partick to f**k off and start their own league. That would teach them.

And hopefully take Celtic and Sevco with them?

6 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

Didn’t we dominate you in a semi final? Why the f**k does your support think they should stay up? 

1. Yes, we were awful, you were okay (I dare say it wasn’t one of your best performances of the season, certainly got the job done mind you) 

2. Because being relegated with a game in hand, during a pandemic, is unfair, as I’m sure most people have and do agree. 

9 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

If I was Doncaster I’d tell Hearts and Partick to f**k off and start their own league. That would teach them.

Teach them what? 

If you feel you have a problem, or an issue with something, don’t speak out about it,  shut up and sit down? 

The true democracy of the SPFL shining through right there. 

10 hours ago, renton said:

(Clark) can be quite a muddled communicator at times and often lacking in nuance (though still better than the club's de facto owner, John Sim) as seen with some of his statements in these last few months. I don't think his 50:50 comment makes a whole load of sense. I think he's saying he doesn't know which way it'll go which is fair enough, but I dont think trying to append any ststistical chance to it is really useful.

He could do with saying a lot less, especially  (but not only) about legal proceedings.

9 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Tbf- all 3 teams have been dreadful this season... but as I have said before should not of been relegated- Best solution in unprecedented time was promotion only- an additional 2 teams in the league. With talk of compensation from SPL- wonder if clubs on reflection would change their minds. I know hypothetical now , but if they had a choice between reconstruction of 2 extra teams or payment from SPFl ( ie the clubs) to the 3 relegated teams- would their have been a different vote?Some of the numbers flying around here are frightening- nobody knows what number , if any, will be decided at arbitration- but their some level of risk that clubs must find unwelcome-As i say hypothetical- chaos- very sad

You realise if Hearts/Partick get awarded compensation it won't be a lump sum getting taking straight out every other clubs bank accounts dont you?

The compensation would be deducted from the prize money pot due at the seasons end, and might even be spread over a season or two. 

Theyll effectively be losing money themselves to pay for it.

54 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

1. Yes, we were awful, you were okay (I dare say it wasn’t one of your best performances of the season, certainly got the job done mind you) 

2. Because being relegated with a game in hand, during a pandemic, is unfair, as I’m sure most people have and do agree. 

Doesn’t take away from the fact that partick deserve to go down

3 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

It does, because quite clearly if we had got the chance to at least be on equal games with our relegation rival (QOTS), we mightn’t have been bottom (had we did what we previously did twice this season and beat Inverness). But Anyway regardless of whether we deserved it or not, which everyone could argue on all day, and if you were in Thistle’s shoes you’d be arguing about the game in hand, and if I was in your shoes, I’d be reminding you how terrible the team had been, probably, as that seems to be how it works, but the point is we are down now anyway, we are now a League One team. We are preparing for a season in League One, and I hope to god, that’s all it is, A Season. 

They don't. They might have been bottom of the league but in these circumstances no one deserves to go down. If the roles were reversed I'd dread to imagine what state our fanbase would be in. The most *fair model would have been allowing Kelty and Brora into the league and allowing for promotion and no relegation. (As said a million times)
As amusing as it is watching fans of Hearts and Thistle go into complete meltdown over this, and watching Falkirk trying to beg themselves into the championship, seeing clubs go down, with a quarter of the games still to be played, is ridiculous.

*i get this model would have still been unfair to Airdrie, Montrose, Bonnyrigg etc.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Teach them what? 

If you feel you have a problem, or an issue with something, don’t speak out about it,  shut up and sit down? 

The true democracy of the SPFL shining through right there. 

It wasn’t a serious comment. Anyway, League 1 isn’t that bad. Just accept your fate and stop whining on here.

Just now, kev23 said:

They don't. They might have been bottom of the league but in these circumstances no one deserves to go down. If the roles were reversed I'd dread to imagine what state our fanbase would be in. The most *fair model would have been allowing Kelty and Brora into the league and allowing for promotion and no relegation. (As said a million times)
As amusing as it is watching fans of Hearts and Thistle go into complete meltdown over this, and watching Falkirk trying to beg themselves into the championship, seeing clubs go down, with a quarter of the games still to be played, is ridiculous.

*i get this model would have still been unfair to Airdrie, Montrose, Bonnyrigg etc.

If no one deserves to go down with a quarter of the games to be played then no one deserves to up either - least of all a team that were just one point clear at the top of the table when virus halted play. So if you want to swap places with that Possil rabble in the spirit of 'fairness' right now then you should indicate that to your club and they can take it up with the SPFL.

You don't get to pick only the nice competition rules to apply and arbitrarily expand the leagues to keep your promotion though. 

7 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I think it’s fair to say hearts and partick were going down anyway. 
Hearts 4 wins in 30.

Partick didn’t have a win this year but are heavy moaning about a game in hand they’d have probably lost anyway.

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It wasn’t a serious comment. Anyway, League 1 isn’t that bad. Just accept your fate and stop whining on here.

Me personally, accepted it months ago, the business people at the club, well you may have an argument there. 
Might have to take you up on that “League 1 isn’t that bad” comment in a few months time though. 😂

Just now, RaithRover123 said:

Hearts 4 wins in 30.

Partick didn’t have a win this year but are heavy moaning about a game in hand they’d have probably lost anyway.

As for compensation surely they could get compensated for the amount of losses Falkirk made this season from the drop, similarly with hearts getting the amount covered that Dundee lost. 
But another point is that it was likely they were going down anyway so shouldn’t get compensated the full amount anyway, if anything at all in hearts case as they put forward an awful reconstruction plan that would only benefit themselves in the long run.

5 minutes ago, RaithRover123 said:

Hearts 4 wins in 30.

Well, a worse Thistle team bet Caley Thistle 3-1 home and away this season. I think it’s far from fair to say “Thistle” were going down, it’s certainly possible, but Queens were in an absolute horrific place as well, I’m pretty sure one of us would have finished bottom, but which one, we’ll never actually know.