The New Raith Rovers Thread

1339508218[/url]' post='6327003']

Quick heads up to Rovers fans. You're getting an advance single to Wick from Kirkcaldy for £15.10 on the Scotrail site just now. Train leaves at 07:03 and gets in at Wick at 14:55 with two changes, and you can't get there and back in the same day.

f**k it I'm going.

I've just been checking hotel prices and train prices.Hotel prices are very reasonable but the train prices I'm finding are ludicrous. Are you using some form of railcard for those prices?

I might just drive, get smashed at night with fellow Rovers, kip in a hotel and head back down on the Sunday morning.

Google maps reckon its a drive of just over 5 hrs.

Edited by Andy C

I've just been checking hotel prices and train prices.Hotel prices are very reasonable but the train prices I'm finding are ludicrous. Are you using some form of railcard for those prices?

I might just drive, get smashed at night with fellow Rovers, kip in a hotel and head back down on the Sunday morning.

This is what I was thinking.

5_facebook-like-button.jpg

Those prices can be found on nationalrail.co.uk at the moment, just a normal advance booked fare with no discount cards being needed.

I'm insanely jealous of your tie sad.gif

So instead of going to the boring Clyde v Thistle tie, at Broadwood Recreation Park Firhill, i've decided to make the trip up to Wick. Why? Because it's there laugh.gif

Trains have been checked. Hotel's sourced. And a couple of daft mates have accepted the challenge.

Looking forward to it.

So instead of going to the boring Clyde v Thistle tie, at Broadwood Recreation Park Firhill, i've decided to make the trip up to Wick. Why? Because it's there laugh.gif

Trains have been checked. Hotel's sourced. And a couple of daft mates have accepted the challenge.

Looking forward to it.

Christ at this rate we are going to have a cracking away support :D

Looking forward to it.

I like your style biggrin.gif

I'm also very keen for this tie. I mean, Wick for crying out loud laugh.gif. Mental. Thinking of going up with a Rovers supporting pal but the trains are going to be a problem...so damn expensive. And I wont know until the end of June whether I can go for sure so hopefully the fares wont have risen to much by then! Hotels might be a struggle too...might have to get the tent out!

I'm also very keen for this tie. I mean, Wick for crying out loud laugh.gif. Mental. Thinking of going up with a Rovers supporting pal but the trains are going to be a problem...so damn expensive. And I wont know until the end of June whether I can go for sure so hopefully the fares wont have risen to much by then! Hotels might be a struggle too...might have to get the tent out!

laugh.gif This could potentially be brilliant. Can imagine the dialogue with the locals "So, how are Raith getting on with their preseason?" "f**k knows, I'm a St Johnstone fan and I'm here because it's a glamour tie. The more I think about it, the more this seems like one of the best away trips on the go. With decent weather it'd be brilliant to either drive up, with my mate as designated Dave, or get the train, pitch up a tent at the campsite, and head home the next day after having a good session after the game!

I'm booking up the train on Friday, unsure if i'll BnB or Camp as of yet. This will be a brilliant weekend, much better than Clyde v PT i'd imagine.

I'm trying to get Smurph to come along to but he is unsure, so if you do see a Pro Vercelli top in the crowd then feel free to come up and say hello.

Jamamafegan4 - If you do decide to go, you are more than welcome to join me and my crew on the way up and back. The more the merrier.

I should add, that there is a reason i am doing this. I don't just randomly decide to make wild journey's. I'm moving to South Korea in August so i'm in the twilight of my Scottish Football career, and saw Wick were at home to a fellow First Division side, so thought it'd be a laugh to go. The low train prices just secured my interest.

Don't worry i won't wear my PT top to the game wink.gif

Everyone that is going to make this I am very jealous off. I am quite gutted that I will miss what is likely to be the biggest piss up/banter filled journey of the season. This could be the busiest Wick's pub's have been on a Saturday night for years :lol:

Jamamafegan4 - If you do decide to go, you are more than welcome to join me and my crew on the way up and back. The more the merrier.

We shall let you know if we are cool.gif.

Wick won't know what's hit it! Apparently there's only one nightclub in Wick and it's called The Waterfront. LET'S DAE IT!!!!laugh.gif

I should add, that there is a reason i am doing this. I don't just randomly decide to make wild journey's. I'm moving to South Korea in August so i'm in the twilight of my Scottish Football career, and saw Wick were at home to a fellow First Division side, so thought it'd be a laugh to go. The low train prices just secured my interest.

That's good of you mate, cheers biggrin.gif. Really praying now that Saints's first leg in Europe is away meaning I can make this game. Will be gutted if I can't make it!

Wick won't know what's hit it! Apparently there's only one nightclub in Wick and it's called The Waterfront. LET'S DAE IT!!!!laugh.gif

laugh.gif yasss Saturday night out in Wick!!

Who needs Saints in Europe? It's fucking Wick away man! It'll be a brilliant couple of days!

I'm booking up the train on Friday, unsure if i'll BnB or Camp as of yet. This will be a brilliant weekend, much better than Clyde v PT i'd imagine.

I'm trying to get Smurph to come along to but he is unsure, so if you do see a Pro Vercelli top in the crowd then feel free to come up and say hello.

biggrin.gif If you lads do appear, I'll be sure to pop over and say hello. You may also find me floating face down in the harbour after visiting...

12358161.jpg

Oh my.... blink.gif

This place. laugh.gif Surely some Rovers fans will be able to exchange stories with them about Kittys and vice versa!

I don't think I've ever been so excited about a challenge cup tie.

We are packing up our £1000 flag and loading the boot up with sannies then going up in the mini bus.It will prob be leaving styx in kdy about 6.30-7am with a couple of pick ups on the way.I am actually looking forward to the trip as it will be good practice for going to wales in october for the scotland game plus it will be a good laugh.It wouldnt surprise me especially if craig drives that we end up at john o`groats first :blink::lol: