The New Raith Rovers Thread

50 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Great signings for the pars....LOL!

Ex-Rovers defenders Watson & Murray as main centre back partnership, meh! decent enough but  know them both and know their weaknesses. Vaughan will run at Murray, Murray will backpeddle and Vaughan will score. Watson was fairly pish at Falkirk 3 seasons ago, I'd doubt he'll have improved massively.   Murray is made of chocolate these days and will be injured for about a third of the season and his stand in Whittiker is past it.  Give me McKay & Bene over that pair of haddies any day.

Think you're trying to convince yourself that these are shite signings. 

Watson had a very good season with the league champions last year. Whittaker moved into a midfield role at Hibs and did well. Hibs fans also think this will be a very good signing for us.

Promising start to rebuilding a team I would say. 

Edited by Chubbychops

26 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

Watson's all right. 

Whittaker would be fine but won't be cheap and we would need to be building a team around anyone costing what he will. Would rather it was Vaughan and Hendry we did that with.

The fact is the Pars can afford to shop in a slightly different market to us. If we're going for an experienced player coach type it'll be a Steven Anderson rather than Steven Whittaker that we sign. 

What I will say is that I've got a bit more faith in McGlynn to get the best out of his signings than I would with Crawford doing the same. 

1 hour ago, DanElderRRFC said:

Scott Crabbe, Jay Stein and Nacho Novo were on the scoresheet as Raith Rovers hammered Falkirk at Stark’s Park.

‪Scott Crabbe curled in a stunning free kick and Nacho Novo bagged a brace as Rovers came from behind to beat Arbroath.‬

‪It was a disastrous midweek trip to the Highlands for Raith as Inverness hit five against the Fifers.‬

That's more like the Rovers v ICT games we are all used to. 

Watching these games you forget how much of a part Scott Crabbe played in our start to the season. If we'd been able to keep him maybe we'd have avoided the drop. 

No such thing on P&B, as long as it doesn’t involve illegality or (seemingly) annoying the Pars.
But anyway, I stole an apple from my sister for her.

As soon as you mention Dunfermline and they appear.

8 hours ago, Stelios said:

Goals weren’t our issue that season, we finished on 50 in the league. The defence was rank rotten. 

You can see from the Falkirk game highlights why both teams got relegated.

No doubt that our defending was horrendous and a decent defender or two could've saved us but we averaged 2 goals per game while Crabbe was with us and didn't get near that afterwards. 

Great signings for the pars....LOL!
Ex-Rovers defenders Watson & Murray as main centre back partnership, meh! decent enough but  know them both and know their weaknesses. Vaughan will run at Murray, Murray will backpeddle and Vaughan will score. Watson was fairly pish at Falkirk 3 seasons ago, I'd doubt he'll have improved massively.   Murray is made of chocolate these days and will be injured for about a third of the season and his stand in Whittiker is past it.  Give me McKay & Bene over that pair of haddies any day.

Good luck with that one. Vaughan is made of chocolate is he not? That’s the only reason we haven’t taken him from yous.