The New Raith Rovers Thread

Always think they should do something a little different to try make some sales. The yellow is beyond boring.

On one hand you want to do something different and on the other you're saying bright yellow, so far away from what we've done before, is boring.

It's maybe boring in the sense that it's been around a while but when it was released it was ridiculously left field.

Dan's highlights these last few days seem to have been going through a phase when I remember nothing at all about the games except that I know I was at some of them. I'd done my best to blot Gerry Creaney out my mind, at least.

1 hour ago, kev23 said:

On one hand you want to do something different and on the other you're saying bright yellow, so far away from what we've done before, is boring.

It's maybe boring in the sense that it's been around a while but when it was released it was ridiculously left field.

Tbf nothing will top that pink away kit we had, one of the only ones I haven’t bought 

14 minutes ago, Paco said:

I was a bit young at the time to fully remember, but was Guido van de Kamp as dreadful as these highlights suggest? Feels like he sells a goal in every video I watch!

He was wildly erratic. He was capable of pulling off ridiculous stops but equally likely to cost you a goal with some rush of blood to the head. 

I have a vague memory of a home game against Hamilton where someone passed the ball back to Guido, under no pressure at all, and he went to balloon the ball up the park only to miss the ball altogether and it roll into the net. Anyone else remember this?

Just now, Raithie said:

I have a vague memory of a home game against Hamilton where someone passed the ball back to Guido, under no pressure at all, and he went to balloon the ball up the park only to miss the ball altogether and it roll into the net. Anyone else remember this?

I think it was possibly Kevin Fotheringham who gave him the pass back. 

I think it might have been against Hamilton towards the end of 97/98 in what was pretty much a dead rubber. 

Van de Kamp was great in his first season with us, but as the team deteriorated, his confidence seemed to drain away and by the end (a shocker away to Stirling in the cup), it was better to part ways. 

I'm sure he played against us for Alloa towards the end of 2000/01 in what was effectively a relegation decider.  We scraped a win, but all that did was prolong the misery for a further season.