The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

On twitter earlier I was thinking who would be the best ever 'one club player' for us (e.g. McNeil at Celtic). I'm struggling to think who ours could be...currently its limited to Ross Matthew's for drinking tears and dropkicking Pars.

I would've said Willie McNaught but he played 5 games for Brechin. Damn! 

Did Andy Leigh play for anyone else? 

1 hour ago, pantene proV said:

Neil Brown’s reference list shows Andy coming from Dunoon Athletic (Scottish Junior Football League) and leaving to be a coach at Raith Rovers.

http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/raith/raith.html

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

On twitter earlier I was thinking who would be the best ever 'one club player' for us (e.g. McNeil at Celtic). I'm struggling to think who ours could be...currently its limited to Ross Matthew's for drinking tears and dropkicking Pars.

Tommy Hislop.

I'm sure I recall at least one game in the 70's where there were 3 Browns (Billy, Jim & Tom) and 2 Hislops (John & Tommy) on the pitch at the same time.

@Specky Ginger can you confirm?

Edited by Zen Archer Esq.
Memory.

They guy that does the retro shirts (dunnottar) is going to be doing this very soon. Hopefully along with the white away one from that season. I'd certainly buy it. 
20200622_223208.thumb.jpg.459edd579e38d2bdf4c3436e91f81075.jpg

It’s a pity about the badge. If the club done another retro top though (like the Coca-Cola Cup one), then I’d like to this it would either be this one or the tartan one

14 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Andy Leigh would be the man.

Also stayed with the club throughout after finishing as a player. Development Fund manager, coach, groundsman etc. RRFC and Kirkcaldy was Andy's life. Came from Dunoon but Fife was the life.

Andy Young had a season with Celtic. MacNaught as you point out finished up at Brechin.

Edited by embow

1 minute ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Summing raj as f**k

Hopefully. Away tops don't usually sell as well as home tops so your as well going all in. Always think we do it by half measures.

17 minutes ago, renton said:

Hopefully. Away tops don't usually sell as well as home tops so your as well going all in. Always think we do it by half measures.

They've been reasonably adventurous with the home top so I would expect something similar with this one. 

I actually thought the club would do wee tease online by now, like of a partial design with the Joma logo or something. All a bit quiet on the social media scene considering.

Do you reckon it’ll be a digital video, like the home kit reveal? Or the real deal?

39 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Has anyone who pre ordered a home too heard anything from the club?

That sky blue grey part makes me think the away will be bright red or yellow to contrast it. 

I'd be surprised if it's red or there is a could be an issue when we're away to Hearts and Arbroath next season.

Surely not another yellow effort so soon after the last one. 

Not had a nice white and navy away strip for a while - much prefer that to white and red.