The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was meant to be going to this game but I got a bit too drunk the night before and ended up in my bed for most of the weekend!

Snap, had a ticket too. I remember saying I can’t get too pished for the game. Coors beer tastes great, it bloody hates me though. John Millar was some player. We were excellent in that game. Shaun Dennis should’ve been sent off for that disgusting challenge on Dargo and we should’ve got the penalty. Did we sign Millar from Hearts? If so that must’ve been special for him

24 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Snap, had a ticket too. I remember saying I can’t get too pished for the game. Coors beer tastes great, it bloody hates me though. John Millar was some player. We were excellent in that game. Shaun Dennis should’ve been sent off for that disgusting challenge on Dargo and we should’ve got the penalty. Did we sign Millar from Hearts? If so that must’ve been special for him

I’m sure Millar was part of the Mickey deal..

Galloway was only a bit part player. I think he was only on a short term deal. 

Had a quick google of him as I can’t remember him at all. Looks like he would have been a teenager back then. Came from Rangers and played 8 games for us. 1 start and 7 off the bench.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Galloway was only a bit part player. I think he was only on a short term deal. 

He'd been with Rangers as a youngster and played there with Lee Dair. I'm not sure if he had a spell in America immediately before joining us, or went there afterwards, but Dair apparently recommended him to Nicholl and, being flush with money (or so we thought), Nicholl instantly gave him a six month deal. 

It runs in my mind that a few weeks after that Hibs game, we endured a miserable afternoon at Cappielow - a game in which Galloway was especially poor, and I'm not sure he played much after that. 

1 hour ago, DanElderRRFC said:

According to the presenter in this clip, Millar came to us as part of a swap deal for Colin Cameron.

Got himself sent off for two pretty outrageous tackles on his return to Tynecastle so maybe he held a wee grudge over the move.

Cameron to Hearts was 250k + Millar. We wuz robbed.

Edited by renton

Just a random observation from that Hibs cup game. The bench seemed to all be wearing different bits of training kits from various manufacturers and some still had Kelly's copies on it. 

Had we become that hard up we were recycling stuff.

Just a random observation from that Hibs cup game. The bench seemed to all be wearing different bits of training kits from various manufacturers and some still had Kelly's copies on it. 

Let’s be honest Netbuster was absolutely sheeit

31 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Pretty much so!

That was not too far off the time of the emergency meeting in the Philp Hall, there was chat that we were about £1.7M in debt and Alan Kelly was ready to pull the plug

13 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Beith only needed 175 fans to each pay £20. That gets them 4 tickets and that's the 700. Don't see how you can't get your head around it at all.

Think our fans have maybe hit peak giving now, we've all shelled out a fair amount these last 3 months

Ach! Just had a bad day yesterday. Joined up numbers are not really my forte.

Thanks for simplifying things.👍

Glad we’re offering the refund to season ticket holders. I posted yesterday that I felt it was poor of the club not to include the ‘lost’ games in the total of donations, but deleted it because I didn’t want to be too critical. This should now be rectified.

A very good gesture and I’m sure the vast majority won’t be interested in getting anything back. For a few though, I’m sure the money will be very very welcome and that’s what a community club like ours should be all about.

In terms of the season ticket refund.... season ticket sales are subject to VAT. If folk were to request a refund and then donate the cash back via one of the channels. Would this avoid the VAT and the club get and extra 20%