The New Raith Rovers Thread

I just hope that the time we spent pursuing of Davidson won't have any negative impacts on the potential replacements. Hope we've not missed the boat with the players McGlynn may have lined up.

I'd have personally let him go rather than offer an improved deal anyway. It's unfair on those who've taken wage cuts/dropped to PT to see that.

Happy he's gone, personally.

Edited by Michael W

Just backing up Donny here, he had it mentioned on his Blackberry Messenger status earlier tonight and he will be playing for Dundee next season.

Edited by RaithRyan

Gonna be strange seeing Davo playing for a team that's not us, he's been here for ages. Kind of sad to see him go because he's a long serving player but obviously wants a shot at the SPL and Dundee are looking like the team that'll do it for him. Thinking that it'll be their year next year.

But there's plenty more fish in the sea I guess. He could be a fantastic player on his day, but proved more often than not to be a bit of a fanny despite just having probably his best season. I don't think replacing him will be that difficult...I hope...In McGlynn I trust.

I find it hard to take as well, but their average crowd is far, far higher than ours, and their intake from that will also obviously be more.

Of course, but that income should really be going towards servicing their debts like ours is. No point in crying over spilt milk, though.

I think Davidson will be a massive loss, though. John McGlynn must, too, to have gone cap in hand to the board and asked them to up their offer to him.

It's a strange one. I would have liked him to stay, but at the same time maybe it's his time to move on?

Another strange thing...Davidson was offered an improved offer...did McGlynn push the boat out a bit more to offer Baird a similar kind of deal to begin with? I wonder.

To be honest, if I was the gaffer I would be withdrawing Davo's offer. He obviously is seeing pound signs over Loyality.

TBH i think it's a good thing he's away!!! Don't think his heart was with us anymore and only upped his game this season for a move. For me he won't be a loss and could be a good thing that we freshen the midfield up anyway. Need a different type o player in there now to compliment walker,of the two, walker is the one i'd have kept.

you're right btw £££££££ that's all he can see

In all fairness to Davo, he has never hidden the fact that he wants to play in the SPL and Dundee are obviously trying to build a team to achieve that goal. He's given numerous years of service, and has always come in for flak by some supporters. He has season on season improved.

Again, while some are saying it is distasteful to see a team who have survived by the skin of their teeth take two of our players, sadly, such is the way that the finances of football work. Dundee are a bigger club than us, with a larger support to draw from. They've been fortunate enough to manage to get a CVA largely through a technicality and have had a fresh start. Obviously you'd be hard pressed to argue a case for Dundee when we're struggling to make ends meet, but again this is how the situation has panned out.

What I will say, is that it is frustrating for the fact that after 7 or 8 years of service, he has waited until our manager is off on holiday, before announcing on BBM that he is off to Dundee. While commitment and loyalty aren't traits of the modern game, that for me annoys me more than anything else. He should at least have had the decency to say to McGlynn before his holiday that he wasn't going to re-sign with us, allowing for the local press to report on the issue.

Looking forward, it is difficult to see a direct replacement to Davo. We could put Hammill into the center, and try him there. I'm not sure how he is as an ball-winning midfielder. Looking around, we could potentially see Johnny Stewart back at Stark's given he is out of contract too. I'm sure McGlynn will have someone in mind. I think overall, the message would be, yes it is frustrating to hear the news, but we would be in a much worse position had Walker left too, and that we just have to move on and look to the future.

Best of luck Davo.

I personally find it pretty distasteful that the likes of Hill have had to take a significant cut in wages and go part time, whilst we push the boat for Davo.

Slightly disappointed but not devestated. The prospect of a Davo and Murray combination in the middle of the park was scary.

its just a case now of either moving hamill into the middle or getting another hammer thrower in there to break up attacks. i think from the outset it was obvious davidson wasn't re-signing but such is life he's been a good servant and i think we probably got his best years out of him so good luck.

Is Jamie Walker under contract at Hearts? With Sergio gone wonder what will happen along Gorgie Road?

The way things are going at Hearts he'll be in the first team squad next season.

He's turned it down anyway, signing for Dundee

That's a good move for him, Dundee will probably be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. Ah well, onwards and upwards, hopefully John McGlynn will see us alright with a replacement.

Davo was also offered a testimonial which makes him going to dundee even more shocking.I dont want to slag him off as he was always the first to come to visits or functions but him going to dundee as made us feel let down.NO LOYALTY IN FOOTBALL :angry::angry: