The New Raith Rovers Thread

If there are no fans for the first few months, the club need to firstly utilise the unused terrace and stands to fill it with sponsors for TV viewing. Secondly get our sign writers to make and sell cardboard cut outs with fans being able to purchase them and claim them when the fans are allowed in.

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

If there are no fans for the first few months, the club need to firstly utilise the unused terrace and stands to fill it with sponsors for TV viewing. Secondly get our sign writers to make and sell cardboard cut outs with fans being able to purchase them and claim them when the fans are allowed in.

I suspect the recent antics of buying cutouts of serial killers and such in Oz will likely end, or severely limit, the willingness of clubs to do that. Perhaps if the team staff were to locate and download the picture of a famous person for a fan it might be a go...but otherwise we risk a stand full of Boatie McBoatface.

I suspect the recent antics of buying cutouts of serial killers and such in Oz will likely end, or severely limit, the willingness of clubs to do that. Perhaps if the team staff were to locate and download the picture of a famous person for a fan it might be a go...but otherwise we risk a stand full of Boatie McBoatface.
The pretence of buying a cut out is you turn up at the ground and get your mug shot taken. [emoji23]

Hey guys sorry to change the subject. But how do I change my name on here. I haven’t lived in Leeds for 4 years. I’ve been a bit bored lately and re reading some of our posts from the past and it’s been interesting. I was originally ARoverInLeeds. And seen a few name changes a long the way as in Andy C is now Broken Algorithms, Dunc is Raith Against The Machine and Hank Scorpio has changed his name a few times. As I go through my posts I seem to have been decent to an arsehole. Sorry about that.

14 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Hey guys sorry to change the subject. But how do I change my name on here. I haven’t lived in Leeds for 4 years. I’ve been a bit bored lately and re reading some of our posts from the past and it’s been interesting. I was originally ARoverInLeeds. And seen a few name changes a long the way as in Andy C is now Broken Algorithms, Dunc is Raith Against The Machine and Hank Scorpio has changed his name a few times. As I go through my posts I seem to have been decent to an arsehole. Sorry about that.

You need P+Bs Platinum membership.

11 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Would that be a necessary journey?

No, it wouldn't. It’s like most ideas on here. Starts off okay, then goes into the sort of excruciating bureaucratic detail which no reasonable person can be bothered with.

Notice Villareal have managed to get a 'bespoke' top as well, looks familiar. Had a wee squint on Joma's website and if we could have got their half and half but in navy blue it would have been mint.

villarreal-19-20-home-away-third-kits-12.jpg

20191108114622.101546.702.jpg

Personally not a fan of the kit.  The design has grown on me a bit, but to me the Rovers should always be navy blue and white.

However, 400 sold is 400 sold and however the cost/profit structure is made up - it's cash in the till!

21 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Notice Villareal have managed to get a 'bespoke' top as well, looks familiar. Had a wee squint on Joma's website and if we could have got their half and half but in navy blue it would have been mint.

villarreal-19-20-home-away-third-kits-12.jpg

20191108114622.101546.702.jpg

Villareal obviously saw our kit and asked for the same design. 

A red and white half and half would be a decent away kit.

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

37 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Villareal obviously saw our kit and asked for the same design. 

A red and white half and half would be a decent away kit.

All these videos from the 90s have made me nostalgic for the old practice of having the same kit design with reversed colours. An away shirt with the same design as the home but majority white and a navy triangle and white shorts could be smart...

7 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Feel your pain, I haven't been able to stomach Jack D in about 15 years. A double at 10 to 3 used to be a prematch ritual when there wasn't time left for another pint but now I should be called stay at home shandy or something like that...