The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

HMRC aren’t going to victimise clubs all because they’re using the furlough scheme for what it was intended for.

You seem to have a great grasp on this, I presume you've got Ross McCarthur on the blower? 

I do love the paranoia, that absolutely swells within some Rovers fans that Dunfermline are this inherintly evil organisation, but the whole "am no surprised Dunfermline are doing this" is next level, big fan. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Like your avatar mate. 

Quick question for you. I recall being at a Raith vs Bayern friendly in the late 90’s at Starks Park. Is this right ? I’m 90% sure I didn’t dream it.
Also, what do you mean by your comment about not being surprised at Dunfermline using this option.

You didn't dream it. It was to open the new stands at starks and we won 1-0 iirc.

Cheers - From memory did a young Carsten Jancker play ??

ps. Grant is even more aggressive than normal tonight lol.

57 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You seem to have a great grasp on this, I presume you've got Ross McCarthur on the blower? 

I do love the paranoia, that absolutely swells within some Rovers fans that Dunfermline are this inherintly evil organisation, but the whole "am no surprised Dunfermline are doing this" is next level, big fan. 

Well considering you cheated us out of promotion by bringing in players you had no intention of paying for then screwing small businesses by writing off 10 million I have little time for Dunfermline. Now you've ditched 17 players when you had options for at least another couple of months. 

And yet your posting on our thread?

34 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Well considering you cheated us out of promotion by bringing in players you had no intention of paying for then screwing small businesses by writing off 10 million I have little time for Dunfermline. Now you've ditched 17 players when you had options for at least another couple of months. 

Living absolutely rent free inside your head for the best part of decade, love to see it. 

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

And yet your posting on our thread?

That's what happens on PnB chief, if you only want Rovers fans posting then fire onto whatever forum Raith fans have. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

PFA seem to think its okay 

The Hail On Sunday,number of dunfermline players now ex not happy and surprised how Dunfermline have dealt with this

That's what happens on PnB chief, if you only want Rovers fans posting then fire onto whatever forum Raith fans have. 

Quite frankly I couldn’t give a toss about other teams which is why I never look at other clubs threads.

And fan talk is full of morons which is why stay off of there.

Feel free to carry on obsessing over the wee team...

24 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

PFA seem to think its okay 

The Hail On Sunday,number of dunfermline players now ex not happy and surprised how Dunfermline have dealt with this

I'm utterly stunned at this news.

42 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Quite frankly I couldn’t give a toss about other teams which is why I never look at other clubs threads.

And fan talk is full of morons which is why stay off of there.

Feel free to carry on obsessing over the wee team...

Obsessing? Don't think you quite understand how PnB works. 

But aye, I'll carry on pottering around, cheers. 

Surprising that Dunfermline fans are defending the position of their club when it’s now obvious that the position taken by Raith (and presumably others) is possible.

I wonder if they’d be defending their employers if they’d made them redundant instead of using the furlough scheme?

Surprising that Dunfermline fans are defending the position of their club when it’s now obvious that the position taken by Raith (and presumably others) is possible.

I wonder if they’d be defending their employers if they’d made them redundant instead of using the furlough scheme?
I think many just see the reporting as a bit odd. Rangers, Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock released players and nothing was said. We released players and the headline number was large (17 players) but it was essentially 3 first team regulars (Ashcroft, Paton, Devine), 3 more who have been in and out of the team (Scully, Beadling, Thomson), 3 who were put out on loan (Morrison, Smith, Ryan) and 8 youngsters.

There wasn't the same outcry when Queen of the South released everyone bar three contracted players. Dundee are getting plaudits for keeping on players on furlough who were out of contract but it is three players, not 17. When you are topping up the extra 20% on the salary that isn't covered, it adds up. The players weren't made redundant (which some companies are doing even with the GJRS) and while it is sad when anyone loses their job, and these are unique circumstances, it is the lot of a footballer. We have released similar numbers of players in the past few seasons and sadly it's the way of lower league football now that many players only want or accept 1 year deals.

Will it harm our chances of bringing in new players when the dust settles? I don't know. Players have been very complimentary about the fact that we cover the cost of things like player insurance and private healthcare which not every club does, and on-loan players have said that they enjoyed their time at the club and would like to make their moves permanent. So who knows?

The club doesn’t have to top up the 20% of their wages though.

Give anyone the choice of being made redundant with almost zero chance of finding new employment or taking 80% of their wages for another couple of months and there’s no choice to be made.

We, as mere punters, never know the full goings on inside clubs.
And I wouldn’t single out Dunfermline if others are doing the same but I definitely feel more comfortable that my club seems to be doing the ‘correct thing’ from a moral point of view.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

And just think, I paid more for a 10p mix up than we paid you for Nisbit!

Honest question, what's the balance of opinion on not selling him in January when Hibs and United came calling? I guess the assumption was that he'd probably go for a decent amount in the Summer. Seems unlikely that anyone will have the money to cough up a lot now, and that at any rate if he did go its likely to be a buyers market once all the clubs are staring at a lot of red ink (dependent on when the season starts)

On the other hand, there is obviously the intrinsic  worth of keeping a guy with that goal scoring record, and indeed, not just the goals scored but his general creativity and hold up play, but I guess there wouldnt be any sleepless nights in Dunfermline had he gone for the 350K or whatever it was being quoted at the time.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Nisbet, it's Nisbet!!!

I blame Aidan Nesbit. 

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Is it? Rangers were doing EBTs and it took 7 years for that to catch up with them. 

It's fairly obvious we've asked around, if we have had any inkling that it might put the future of the club in jeopardy then we're absolutely doing the correct thing. It might turn out we could have kept the players on, but I won't give the club stick for looking out for itself. When you come as close to losing the club as Dunfermline fans have, you tend to come down on the side of caution. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

Honest question, what's the balance of opinion on not selling him in January when Hibs and United came calling? I guess the assumption was that he'd probably go for a decent amount in the Summer. Seems unlikely that anyone will have the money to cough up a lot now, and that at any rate if he did go its likely to be a buyers market once all the clubs are staring at a lot of red ink (dependent on when the season starts)

On the other hand, there is obviously the intrinsic  worth of keeping a guy with that goal scoring record, and indeed, not just the goals scored but his general creativity and hold up play, but I guess there wouldnt be any sleepless nights in Dunfermline had he gone for the 350K or whatever it was being quoted at the time.

I genuinely think we would have been in and around the bottom two without him, absolutely the correct decision to keep him. 

Before this happened we were on course to be in the black for the season so we weren't gagging for the cash as much. 

Edited by Grant228