The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

I’ve just uploaded the entire “Singin’ the Blues” album from the early 90’s onto YouTube, for some reason I can’t share a playlist on here but if you go onto my channel and scroll down you’ll see all 10 songs there.

stgbs.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1huzxR03ryE8NXKX1m-EEg

13 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

I 100% would have Anderson & MacLean back, both very experienced and both would do well in the Championship. The argument of Goodwillie done Anderson was that was a Premiership player against an ageing centre half who’s head was gone after the first booking. He will be totally fine in the Championship.

Sorry but calling Goodwillie a Premiership striker is laughable. If he was anywhere near that level  he would be away abroad somewhere playing for a decent wage and a quiet time rather  than playing for a part time league 1 side for peanuts and getting called a rapist by opposing every week. Most of the teams we will be up against next year have better strikers than Goodwillie imo. 

Sorry but calling Goodwillie a Premiership striker is laughable. If he was anywhere near that level  he would be away abroad somewhere playing for a decent wage and a quiet time rather  than playing for a part time league 1 side for peanuts and getting called a rapist by opposing every week. Most of the teams we will be up against next year have better strikers than Goodwillie imo. 

He plays for a decent wage here to be fair. A grand a week on top of your salary from your other job isn’t half bad.

50 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Goodwillie is a superb player at this level. The minimum level he would be playing at in normal circumstances is top end of the championship. 

He was a Scotland international and worth £2 million player at one point too, he is the reason Clyde are even in league 1. But he is most likely a beast.

If he went abroad at least he wouldn’t understand when the crowd chanted he’s a rapist. Something I’d never thought about but you make a good point, while Goodwillie is a decent player and a level above this league why the hell didn’t he head overseas after what happened. He was never found guilty in a criminal court so wouldn’t effect him playing overseas, for me he should have headed overseas, he could have played F/T professional football and it’s unlikely the baggage of his past would be as bad outside of Scotland. Possibly he’s the standard Scottish player who gets a nose bleed south of Birmingham.

25 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The various crowd funding schemes have raised about £80k according to this week's bulletin. 

Absolutely fantastic job. 

Yup, need to keep going though.

Fantastic news but do we have any updates on where we stand financially, are players going to be released (as Townies have done) how much do we need to keep the club going. I know there’s still a lot of unknowns regarding next season but a board update in the near future would be a good idea.

17 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, this has to be the new normal unfortunately. The crowdfunders give us the best chance of getting through this until regular games are back. Usually at this point we'd have season tickets on sale which is going to be a big bulk of income we're missing out on at the moment. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

If he went abroad at least he wouldn’t understand when the crowd chanted he’s a rapist. Something I’d never thought about but you make a good point, while Goodwillie is a decent player and a level above this league why the hell didn’t he head overseas after what happened. He was never found guilty in a criminal court so wouldn’t effect him playing overseas, for me he should have headed overseas, he could have played F/T professional football and it’s unlikely the baggage of his past would be as bad outside of Scotland. Possibly he’s the standard Scottish player who gets a nose bleed south of Birmingham.

Think you’ve probably answered your own question there.

Fantastic news but do we have any updates on where we stand financially, are players going to be released (as Townies have done) how much do we need to keep the club going. I know there’s still a lot of unknowns regarding next season but a board update in the near future would be a good idea.

Hopefully we can furlough put of contact plays for as long as it is possible rather than the right-of-the-tories along the road as EEP.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Hopefully we can furlough put of contact plays for as long as it is possible rather than the right-of-the-tories along the road as EEP.

I'm sure Bill Clark said in one of his interviews that we'd offered short term extensions to all of our out of contract players to ensure they can be retained under the furlough scheme even if we've no intention of keeping them.