The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Now that’s a big bonus in a Rovers context, furlough extended till October

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52634759

That's very, very good news.  A few more months without having to dive into much of the SPFL prize money or Bowie transfer fee (I would hope).  

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

That's very, very good news.  A few more months without having to dive into much of the SPFL prize money or Bowie transfer fee (I would hope).  

Yeah, notice that from July there will be flexibility to bring folk back into work at least part time. So from then we can bring guys back into training and McGlynn can get on with signing players. Poses an interesting question as to when after that point do we start signing a squad up....

Just now, renton said:

Yeah, notice that from July there will be flexibility to bring folk back into work at least part time. So from then we can bring guys back into training and McGlynn can get on with signing players. Poses an interesting question as to when after that point do we start signing a squad up....

Poses a few questions like that, but keeps the wolves from the door a bit longer - which is a relief.  

Just now, CALDERON said:

Poses a few questions like that, but keeps the wolves from the door a bit longer - which is a relief.  

Aye, I imagine most clubs will try and hold off until there is some sort of timetable for playing but the temptation for clubs to start a scramble for players will begin to mount...

Joma that's a bit of a blow. Have you seen some of the absolute shite they've given the likes of east fife and dumbarton, even the pars looks like a set of kits from a Sunday league catalogue 
Pars get two bespoke (non catalogue) kits as part if our deal - when we've had a third kit (the Norrie McCathie tribute kit, the Victoria Cross tribute kit etc.) two have been bespoke and one has been out the catalogue. Not sure if that is because we have a different deal (we are on the Joma website as Techincal Partners AFAIR rather than being supplied by them) or if Andrew Barrowman sorts us out or what. The quality hasn't been too bad - certainly better than the crap we got from Adidas when we had their catalogue stuff, even though the training gear etc. was really sharp.

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Who was that against? I have no memory of that at all. 

3 hours ago, Stelios said:

We beat Dundee 2-1 in the the next round with Rocky scoring the winner from the halfway line (not as spectacular as it sounds) before being thumped 4-1 at home by Airdrie in the quarter-final to kill off our treble dreams.

Will have both of these games up tonight.

Weren’t both cup games (Ayr and Dundee) either the week before or week after facing the same teams in the league 

That’s right yeah, and it was the same again with the Airdrie game. Must have been exciting stuff for the fans at the time.

IMG_4904.thumb.jpg.df9788be2d3b26d6350dd17bcd818b15.jpg

43 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, pub car king said:
Joma that's a bit of a blow. Have you seen some of the absolute shite they've given the likes of east fife and dumbarton, even the pars looks like a set of kits from a Sunday league catalogue 

Pars get two bespoke (non catalogue) kits as part if our deal - when we've had a third kit (the Norrie McCathie tribute kit, the Victoria Cross tribute kit etc.) two have been bespoke and one has been out the catalogue. Not sure if that is because we have a different deal (we are on the Joma website as Techincal Partners AFAIR rather than being supplied by them) or if Andrew Barrowman sorts us out or what. The quality hasn't been too bad - certainly better than the crap we got from Adidas when we had their catalogue stuff, even though the training gear etc. was really sharp.

Reading the article on our OS our home and away top will be bespoke which is a bonus I suppose.

53 minutes ago, DanElderRRFC said:

That’s right yeah, and it was the same again with the Airdrie game. Must have been exciting stuff for the fans at the time.

IMG_4904.thumb.jpg.df9788be2d3b26d6350dd17bcd818b15.jpg

We played Airdrie 7 times that season, in all competitions.

Airdrie made it to the Scottish Cup Final that year, losing 1-0 to Celtic, same season we won the league cup. Not sure if that’s the only season where both national trophy finals have been contested by lower-league teams.

3 minutes ago, Stelios said:

We played Airdrie 7 times that season, in all competitions.

Airdrie made it to the Scottish Cup Final that year, losing 1-0 to Celtic, same season we won the league cup. Not sure if that’s the only season where both national trophy finals have been contested by lower-league teams.

15/16 had both national finals contested by Hibs, who were in the championship. 

5 hours ago, Stelios said:

Yes, part of our 10-game winning streak In 94/95 which saw us beat every team in the league in succession to go top of the league 

We beat Dundee 2-1 in the the next round with Rocky scoring the winner from the halfway line (not as spectacular as it sounds) before being thumped 4-1 at home by Airdrie in the quarter-final to kill off our treble dreams.

1 hour ago, DanElderRRFC said:

Will have both of these games up tonight.

These videos have already made some of my memories look a bit silly, not least a couple of the goals I nominated the other week as being among the best Raith goals we've seen turned out to be somewhat less impressive. And that's from goals I actually did see replays of, at least at the time.

That Rowbotham long-range fluke on a windy day at Dundee is one of those I've not seen since the moment it happened, I don't think. Don't remember it as being quite as far as the half-way line - maybe forty yards, but from right out on the wing. Going to be interesting to see it.

4 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Now that’s a big bonus in a Rovers context, furlough extended till October

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52634759

Unchanged until tbe end of July but then employers will need to start contributing towards the cost if employees are still furloughed.  Further details to come on the level of contribution. 

27 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Unchanged until tbe end of July but then employers will need to start contributing towards the cost if employees are still furloughed.  Further details to come on the level of contribution. 

I read somewhere that the government contribution would fall from 80% to 60%.

@DanElderRRFC Do you have highlights from the 95/96 Premier season? It was my first season going to games with my dad. Don’t remember too many games so would be good to see some highlights of that season.

I do remember Motherwell away and we won maybe 3-0/3-1. Jason Dair scoring a peach at the home end? Maybe wrong though. 😂

9 minutes ago, Wardy said:

@DanElderRRFC Do you have highlights from the 95/96 Premier season? It was my first season going to games with my dad. Don’t remember too many games so would be good to see some highlights of that season.

I do remember Motherwell away and we won maybe 3-0/3-1. Jason Dair scoring a peach at the home end? Maybe wrong though. 😂

Was this a midweek game? Remember Sinky scoring infront of us from outside the box then or the year after.