The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

Stevie Hislop's goal at Stirling was a very nice moment. Though my favourite moment of that season came much earlier at Stark's - Mark Ferry's last-minuter against Arbroath.

The way  I remember it was Hissy, having replaced our top goal scorer with a broken leg, and having only just come back himself, breaking an offside trap and beating down on the goal keeper. As he shaped up to shoot there was a massive lull in the crowd, followed by elation. Quality moment.

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Falkirk fans getting desperate...

221ba4f4-6de2-4753-9b2d-92ea916033b3.jpge25b3fe2-a3d1-4494-a951-8b351d29dbec.jpg091d7b52-866b-401d-a873-f04ad24d9b69.jpg

Wow. At least they’re taking it well. I would assume he is just talking about deciding which of the current players contracts to renew but I don’t claim to know the full rules for football staff and management on furlough, @Skyline Drifter may be able to confirm?

However, if Managers can’t even discuss or authorise renewing current player contracts when on furlough (which may be the case given the rules for other workplaces which I assume also apply to football) then every single out of contract player in Scotland will surely become a free agent at the end of May?

If this is a breach it wouldn’t be hard for McGlynn to deny and argue he had agreed renewals upon promotion with players before going on furlough.

Why is it bothering Falkirk fc that much because they voted NO! Or am i missing something

Because they’re a big club. and according to their chairman we’re going to win the title on hugeness alone.

24 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Wow. At least they’re taking it well. I would assume he is just talking about deciding which of the current players contracts to renew but I don’t claim to know the full rules for football staff and management on furlough, @Skyline Drifter may be able to confirm?

However, if Managers can’t even discuss or authorise renewing current player contracts when on furlough (which may be the case given the rules for other workplaces which I assume also apply to football) then every single out of contract player in Scotland will surely become a free agent at the end of May?

If this is a breach it wouldn’t be hard for McGlynn to deny and argue he had agreed renewals upon promotion with players before going on furlough.

Well by law if you are on furlough you cannot do ANY work for your employer. No checking emails, no work from home, no recruiting for next year, etc. You can take a part time job elsewhere or undertake voluntary work but not for your employer. 

Technically therefore, if McGlynn is furloughed and is doing management stuff then he is breaching furlough. I have no idea if McGlynn is furloughed anyway of course and the sort of things football managers do are 'grey'. He shouldnt be issuing instructions, fitness plans etc to players or negotiating extensions but its perfectly reasonable to speak to them and make sure they are ok just as anyone else might call a colleague.

If he is drawing up rough plans for pre season training then it may well be the sort of thing he would do at home anyway, even if not employed by anyone at the time. However actively phoning players he is trying to recruit for Raith Rovers for instance would be pretty obviously not allowed.

Leaving aside the legalities though, I am pretty sure HMRC couldnt care less what McGlynn or any other football coach or player are doing right now. They clearly cant "work" in terms of their employer being closed for business. The furlough scheme isnt designed to crucify people for keeping themselves occupied, its designed to keep businesses alive and employees who would otherwise be redundant in jobs. If they are investigating fraud in the furlough scheme it is more likely to be fictional employees and businesses claiming to have furloughed staff who are still fully working than caring whether John McGlynn is twiddling his thumbs or thinking about next season when he can get back to work properly. 

In short, HMRC simply wont care.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

As I said in another post the bitterness of some fans is unbelievable. Falkirk thought they would walk this league, they didn't. 2 weeks at the top compared to 22 just shows who the better club are. Better hope that HMRC don't look into dealings over this period at all clubs as I'm sure most managers are planning for next season. Hopefully for Falkirk and there bitter fans in the 1st. 

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Guys, stop getting so worked up about a few wankers in our support. It doesn’t represent the view of the majority in our support.

Everyone’s got them, including your own club I’m sure you’d admit....

Got a few at Raith, blinkered vision blah blah blah.... Falkirk fans on here tend to be brand new, on the most part great banter, we all take great pleasure in supporting our teams in the lower leagues and give each other a bit of stick when we get one over on each other, best thing is we can distance ourselves from the bigot brothers

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Guys, stop getting so worked up about a few wankers in our support. It doesn’t represent the view of the majority in our support.

Everyone’s got them, including your own club I’m sure you’d admit....

This

I've just a blether with mgGlynn whilst out on the bike. Told him about the Falkirk idiots and he just burst out laughing [emoji23]. He said he's on the fence regarding reconstruction. Would look forward to the hearts games but in the same context if Inverness went up along with united we'd still have a shorter trip to falkirk and partick rather than a trek up north.

I've just a blether with mgGlynn whilst out on the bike. Told him about the Falkirk idiots and he just burst out laughing [emoji23]. He said he's on the fence regarding reconstruction. Would look forward to the hearts games but in the same context if Inverness went up along with united we'd still have a shorter trip to falkirk and partick rather than a trek up north.

I wonder if he would have been on the fence re reconstruction had Raith finished second?…

14 hours ago, philpy said:

I've just a blether with mgGlynn whilst out on the bike. Told him about the Falkirk idiots and he just burst out laughing emoji23.png. He said he's on the fence regarding reconstruction. Would look forward to the hearts games but in the same context if Inverness went up along with united we'd still have a shorter trip to falkirk and partick rather than a trek up north.

Depending on how big the league becomes he'd fancy a chance at promotion aswell, if it goes upto 14/16 it's certainly not outwith the realms of possibility that he could take the feel good factor in the squad and challenge for the playoffs/titles. It's actually fairly common for the previous years title winners to go straight into the championship playoffs, imagine that but with no relegation from the Premier and the 2/4 best sides from the previous season gone...