Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thomo the Tank Engine.

Someone more adept than me can make that happen with photoshop.

Edited by Michael W

Rovers fans seem quite happy with this.

Seen worse full-backs at EEP, certainly full of running.

His arrival saw a massive upturn in our fortunes last season, most of which you can probably attribute to having an attacking full-back in the team.

I'm absolutely delighted he'll be with us again next season, and I really didn't think we would manage to make this one happen.

Think there's a lot of players who'll be happy with any sort of footballing wage....

Yep I agree, which is why being largely part time may not be the worst thing in the world.

Should get us a respectable return of goals.

I do worry about a Clarke/Graham partnership, though. Not much pace there, and I can see it inviting us into a puntfest.

I still think we need another striker, preferably one who is small and quick.

I still think we need another striker, preferably one who is small and quick.

Good to see him join our ranks!

^Completely agree with this.

Wingers are a priority and by Wingers I mean fast players who can beat a man and put in a decent ball.

Clarke is relatively sharp I thought... Either way, good signing. Very impressed with Mr McGlynn's signings so far.

Have to say, to lose Williamson and McBride (so far, still need Davo and Walker to sign) in cut-backs yet keep on McGurn (still delighted by this biggrin.gif ), Ellis, Murray, Hill, Laidlaw, Wilson and Callaghan while bringing back Thomson and Clarke and adding Malone, I'm happy with how we're doing so far. We just need to hope that we hear about Davo/Walker signing on soon, add another forward and a possibly a couple of wingers if possible, ideally trying to get Jamie Walker back from Hearts.

Overall, happy with the business that McGlynn is doing.

Have to say I am happy with all the signings so far. He scored a few coming on from the bench and getting a run in the team I could see him getting a good return. A good winger (I would be orgasmic to get Jamie Walker back) and were shaping up well.

Good signing, but with Clarke and Graham we do nee dsomeone who will do a lot of donkey work - as Weir and Baird did, probably from the midfield - but we'll still need another striker regardless. Clarke is sharp and a very good finisher but maybe not so much of a workhorse.

Relatively happy with the squad so far as it shapes up, apart form Malone our two other 'new' signings are both known well at Starks anyway. Still think we'll se eour usual form left field McG signing.

Another good quality signing, with the right service Clarke will score goals and the quality of the other signings so far mean I'm not expecting last years rather tense finale.

So far, I make it[

McGurn

Thomson ----- Murray ------ Hill ----- Malone

NO ONE

Clarke---Graham

Desperately in need of hardworking midfielders and a bit more pace. Both Walkers and Davidson would see to much of the weaknesses we have but I have no real faith in any of them being with us next year.

At the moment, I can see Murray being thrown into midfield. Unless we retain Walker and Davidson or sign another 3 midfielders, we are going to have problems with numbers and Murray may well be thrown in there to compensate.

Edited by Michael W

I think McGlynn realises Murray's limitations in midfield but at times was forced to play him there. Next season I see Ellis playing less (more of a back-up) and so Murray would play in defence with Hill. So, only Callachan and Hammil in midfield.

Very pleased with the progress so far. Thomson is a brilliant signing for this level, no coincidence that our results took an upturn when he arrived.

Clarke is also a solid enough signing. Wasnt spectacular, but did a job and with the right service will get us goals.

Another striker is probably needed, but the main priority now is the midfield. Hopefully playing Jamie Walker last season has convinced Mcglynn that we need wide players in the team. Theres rumours of Bobby Linn coming to the Rovers, which I would be happy enough about.

I fear that if Davo and Walker were going to sign for us, they would have done so by now, so it looks like we will be losing them.