The New Raith Rovers Thread

By not allowing teams to play all the remaining fixtures in which case the league positions would probably change , not allowing teams to fight for survival by relegating them . 

It's not the Rovers who are going to make the decision it's up to the SPFL to put it to a vote the Rovers aren't cheating anyone.

It's as if some fans of others clubs think we came up with idea ourselves and are in charge of Scottish football.

I have my doubts about whether or not it'll go ahead but if it does the reactions from some are going to be priceless.

For me I couldn't care less how we go up. To call it embarrassing clearly didn't see us lose at Albion, Brechin, Stranraer, Peterhead, Cove etc. Had enough of this league and if this gets us out of it I'll take it ever day of the week.

I just can't believe the two faced nonsense some folk come out with every Falkirk, Airdrie fan etc would do the exact same if they were in our position. To try and claim the morale high by saying differently is just bullshit football has been unfair for decades teams going into administration some twice and getting away with it more or less scot free leagues being reconstructed to save a particular club from relegation.

Football can be unfair at times and if the Rovers ever got done over no one would give a shit so why should we care if we get the rub off the green for once.

My view is that whatever option allows celtic, dundee utd and cove to win their leagues and be promoted where possible is the one that should be taken. If that means raith are beneficiaries then so be it.

Also find it funny when teams like partick moan about being relegated when they have been pish all season.

Would have no qualms about accepting promotion and a tainted league title if that's what had to happen and couldn't give a f**k less what any other team think about it.  In fact I'd welcome opposition fans wading in here to give us abuse as we post gif after gif and meme after meme lording it up. What would make it even more satisfying is if this all happened and we went on to have a decent season in the Championship.

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

😉So its not to bad to declare Raith champions, but just don't promote when the prize for winning your league is promotion, I think not.  Null and void are not on the table so the only resolution is promotion and relegation or promotion and no relegation.

Let's get the facts out.

No football until the 10th June

Player contracts come to an end 9th June.

Raith top of the league after 75% games played.

Teams on the verge of going out of business.

No players discussions until resolution. 

No season ticket sales until a resolution.

From the Spfl rules.Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first league match in a season and ending on the date of the last league match in the same season or otherwise as determined by the board and which excludes the close season.

if the board are saying season is finished then league positions stand and promotion happens.

Far, far too much commonsense in this post....;...  Let's have a bit more subjectivity.......😉

56 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Would have no qualms about accepting promotion and a tainted league title if that's what had to happen and couldn't give a f**k less what any other team think about it.  In fact I'd welcome opposition fans wading in here to give us abuse as we post gif after gif and meme after meme lording it up. What would make it even more satisfying is if this all happened and we went on to have a decent season in the Championship.

I imagine the SPFL still has plenty of room to find a solution that screws us.

5 hours ago, Frank conner said:
16 hours ago, tazz1903 said:
Any club who gains promotion with  this is just cheating .  The whole season takes many twists and turns , as  we all know . DESPERATION emoji2961.png

In what way is it cheating?

Coronavirus is cheating Taz and the EF boys out of 5th place. Dirty rotten virus that it is.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

If we manage to keep most of the side as it is I reckon we're two or three good signings from a good season in the Championship. 

Happy to cheat!
We all no the reason you dont want the Rovers going up because you lose your cash cow and that only means one thing cost cutting for East Fife. Personally i would love the league to continue and ram those cheat words down your throat

Not much chance of any club being top when you end the season with games to play , Happy to CHEAT ? WOW . [emoji2961]

8 hours ago, raith1974 said:

So its not to bad to declare Raith champions, but just don't promote when the prize for winning your league is promotion, I think not.  Null and void are not on the table so the only resolution is promotion and relegation or promotion and no relegation.

Let's get the facts out.

No football until the 10th June

Player contracts come to an end 9th June.

Raith top of the league after 75% games played.

Teams on the verge of going out of business.

No players discussions until resolution. 

No season ticket sales until a resolution.

From the Spfl rules.Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first league match in a season and ending on the date of the last league match in the same season or otherwise as determined by the board and which excludes the close season.

if the board are saying season is finished then league positions stand and promotion happens.

So why is there a vote ? 

1 minute ago, tazz1903 said:

So why is there a vote ? 

You're right why vote the SPFL guidelines say they dont need to vote. Season starts on day 1 and finishes with the last fixture or when its declared by the board due to other circumstances. Nevermind it appears that your club voted yes anyway.