The New Raith Rovers Thread

43K on Just giving is fantastic, glad we started early on this and well done to everyone who has been able to donate large or small they all help.  Thanks to any fans of other clubs who've kindly helped us too.  It all helps to get our club through this difficult time.  

The club has furloughed all but two of its employees by the sounds of it. A sensible move in the current times. 

Bill Clark had however said we need more money to keep going - anyone know what we're still needing to pay for? Imagine the stadium mortgage or rent and possibly insurance, but struggling a bit otherwise. Electricity should be minimal and business rates are cancelled for us currently. 

31 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The club has furloughed all but two of its employees by the sounds of it. A sensible move in the current times. 

Bill Clark had however said we need more money to keep going - anyone know what we're still needing to pay for? Imagine the stadium mortgage or rent and possibly insurance, but struggling a bit otherwise. Electricity should be minimal and business rates are cancelled for us currently. 

He did mention before the VAT bill would be an issue. 

He did mention before the VAT bill would be an issue. 

VAT bills can be deferred until next March. Still has to be paid, obviously, and if we can stretch to it then it would be great to get it paid rather than kicking the can down the road. But no need to go bust over it at this moment in time.

There’ll be some general miscellaneous expenses that are a bit unknown to fans (car leases, house rents, maybe the occasional supplier who is refusing to pause contracts) but I’m hoping the uncertainty Clark refers to is down to uncertainty over SPFL prize money, rather than impending doom because we shouldn’t really have major expenses hanging over us right now.

I wonder if we will continue to pay the remainder of salaries which aren’t covered by the government scheme?
Paying ~20% of the wage bill would seem the right thing to do if we can afford it rather than have people taking a wage cut.

12 minutes ago, Paco said:

VAT bills can be deferred until next March. Still has to be paid, obviously, and if we can stretch to it then it would be great to get it paid rather than kicking the can down the road. But no need to go bust over it at this moment in time.

There’ll be some general miscellaneous expenses that are a bit unknown to fans (car leases, house rents, maybe the occasional supplier who is refusing to pause contracts) but I’m hoping the uncertainty Clark refers to is down to uncertainty over SPFL prize money, rather than impending doom because we shouldn’t really have major expenses hanging over us right now.

Yeah, I'd like to think he's trying to ensure donations don't hit a brick wall and everyone thinks it's all great again. 

8 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I wonder if we will continue to pay the remainder of salaries which aren’t covered by the government scheme?
Paying ~20% of the wage bill would seem the right thing to do if we can afford it rather than have people taking a wage cut.

Clark has said that we will try tobut might not be able to if this keeps dragging on. 

2 hours ago, Paco said:

I don't know what our VAT quarters are but the way things are going there is a reasonable chance that the next return will have very little in the way of Vatable income in it.