The New Raith Rovers Thread

I take it the full timers are basically the players that were on a 2 year deal from last year? Everyone we will sign now will be part time?

That was the noises made, but we did offer full-time deals to Baird who's off and Davidson who may follow. No idea if we'll pursue one or two more full-timers or if we'll just cut our losses and sign part-time replacements.

Grim stuff. I doubt Walker would agree to a part time deal... Oh well if we finish 8th next season I'd take that. Would be great though if we managed to secure a mid table finish..

Edited by Wardy

I would put Walkers just ahead of Dargos. Never thought I'd say that but the sheer desperation of wanting to equalise, the fact it gave us a point when we looked dead and buried and kept us top. Magnificent.

My top three at East End

1. Walker

2. Dargo

3. Casa

I would put Walkers just ahead of Dargos. Never thought I'd say that but the sheer desperation of wanting to equalise, the fact it gave us a point when we looked dead and buried and kept us top. Magnificent.

My top three at East End

1. Walker

2. Dargo

3. Casa

For me it goes:

1.Walker

2.Murray

3.Casa

Bert Murray's strike, for a man on the umpteenth season of a goal-drought to spank in a 25 yarder, was unbelievable.

For me it goes:

1.Walker

2.Murray

3.Casa

Bert Murray's strike, for a man on the umpteenth season of a goal-drought to spank in a 25 yarder, was unbelievable.

I spoke to Bert about his goal.

I asked,"what were you thinking when you hit the ball?"

He replied, "I was just trying to clear it"

A very humble guy.

I spoke to Bert about his goal.

I asked,"what were you thinking when you hit the ball?"

He replied, "I was just trying to clear it"

A very humble guy.

laugh.gif I just remember turning around and hearing a wee lad say to his dad "But he never scores...". The kid wasn't much older than 6 or 7 but knew Murray had hardly any goals. He's got a fair few for us nowadays come to think of it. He's scored more with us in 3 years than he has in 19 years away from Starks Park!

In my mind I always remember him shooting from the half way line, a la Nayim. Then you watch the video and realise it was just outside the box, cracking strike though.

Also of note from that video,

A) Derek Johnstone, the worst tv presenter of all time and its no even close. What a balloon.

B) The other scorer was Paul Browne. When we signed him Aston Villa wanted 500k for him before it was decided by a tribunial!

Brown left under a cloud of contraversy, can anyone remember what happened exactly, he stitched up a mate for a contract or something........

Nah, that was when he was with Arbroath - "his mate" phoned Eddie Forrest claiming to be from the Rovers and saying they were interested in signing him. Basically, it was a ploy to get him to reject a contract and increase Browne's chances of getting a new contract.

I can't remember what happened after that, but I think Browne was sacked/released. No idea if Forrest got another contract at Arbroath after rejecting one thinking he was going to sign for us.

*I say 'his mate' as I can't remember if it was Browne or a friend of his that made the call.

Big Broonie made an error of judgement which he regrets, but he does say that it was a joke that got out of hand once the papers got a hold if it. I wouldn't let it detract from the fact he gave years of good service to the club both on and off the field.