The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Impressive guysemoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.png

Indeed and massive thank you to all who have contributed to my our team. In particular though a special thanks to those older generation fans one or two of whom have made quite substantial donations, like Arthur & Helen who popped into the office at Starks Park yesterday and handed over £1,000 or  George who gave a cheque for £500 today.

Not only Raith fans donating but supporters of many other clubs, good people who have made a donation to keep us alive, you have the grateful thanks of every Raith fan and are heroes all of you. 👏

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

OK, well done whoever is doing this but stop before I break a rib laughing.

Yogi Hughes

Mar 19, 2020

Managing the Rovers was the highlight of my career. I'm sorry I made such a mess of it. Please forgive me Rovers

£5.00

No don't stop, every chuckle has been worth a £5 or more so far keep em coming.

Indeed and massive thank you to all who have contributed to my our team. In particular though a special thanks to those older generation fans one or two of whom have made quite substantial donations, like Arthur & Helen who popped into the office at Starks Park yesterday and handed over £1,000 or  George who gave a cheque for £500 today.
Not only Raith fans donating but supporters of many other clubs, good people who have made a donation to keep us alive, you have the grateful thanks of every Raith fan and are heroes all of you. [emoji122]

Are those numbers separate from the justgiving total?
I’d imagine given that direct deposits are also an option you’ve probably already exceeded your target.
Well done everyone....

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d imagine given that direct deposits are also an option you’ve probably already exceeded your target.
Well done everyone....

They are separate. We had about 2k PayPal or direct donations as of yesterday so we've probably exceeded it. 

Is it worth resetting the target do you think (and if so someone who knows AM asking him to do so)? 

I donated my ‘day out money for the final’. But next month plan on donating the money for some other Rovers trips I’m unfortunately not making any more :(

I see others saying they plan on donating again too. And some won’t have donated yet but plan to do so etc.

I know you can go ‘above target’ but I wonder if many will think they don’t need to donate if the target it hit and we will raise less that we could have...

10 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Is it worth resetting the target do you think (and if so someone who knows AM asking him to do so)? 

I donated my ‘day out money for the final’. But next month plan on donating the money for some other Rovers trips I’m unfortunately not making any more :(

I see others saying they plan on donating again too. And some won’t have donated yet but plan to do so etc.

I know you can go ‘above target’ but I wonder if many will think they don’t need to donate if the target it hit and we will raise less that we could have...

No i think we should leave it as is.  Only reset it if and when we need the money.  I don't know how long the £25,000 will last, people are still free to donate if they want to but lets let Andy and the club review where we stand and what we need to do next.  

4 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

In my experience, not resetting doesn’t hurt the final total, and sometimes the pace picks up as the initial total is exceeded.

13 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Well done everyone....

No they are not part of the just giving fund, it will meet it's target but it is just an initial target.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

In my experience, not resetting doesn’t hurt the final total, and sometimes the pace picks up as the initial total is exceeded.

Worth noting this was just an initial target. Before launching this the board were concerned as to how Joe Public would react to this appeal, and as a consequence they were reluctant to post a high target in case it frightened off donor.  So instead they worded the "story" astutely saying "initial target" which at least gives them scope to adapt the message if needed.

I think if we got only £25,000 then maybe with other donations we would have just about enough to see us to the end of this season but in honesty probably not. The plan might have been to initially get us to a point when we could start to generate income again through games recommencing and new season ticket sales, however in this ever changing crisis that is looking less and less likely to happen anytime soon. With  that worry in mind it is  looking more and more like events will inevitably continue considerably beyond May and as such the club will need more revenue from somewhere.

With that in mind II think it's a matter of time, sooner or later the message (story) will change and the fund target total will go up, it has to unless there is a change in what's going on and that's not looking likely.

Another thing to note is any prize money coming from the league isn't "extra money" it's money the club will have budgeted for having for next season.

Edited by Scottydog

Got this email from Rovers Down South yesterday saying they'll be paying the RaithTV sponsorship money upfront as well as other donations.

Fair play to everyone and to fans of other clubs for donating. We definitely won't be the last club to put out a call like this and it's encouraging to see Scottish football supporters rally together to support clubs in need.Screenshot_20200320-085108_Outlook.jpeg