The New Raith Rovers Thread

A JustGiving page or similar for the East Fife home match would be a good starting point. I’m sure you won’t get all 2500-3000 who would’ve went to the match donating their admission, but a few hundred pitching in £20 is better than nothing.

Hopefully the club will organise this in the coming days as well as looking at longer-term measures. I’m sure I won’t be the only one on here who is a season ticket holder who plays the lotto and donates to the supporters fund, the club realistically wouldn’t have got much else from me between now and May anyway so anything I can give is helping make up for missing out on a more casual fans admission.

I think the board have everything in place to launch crowdfunding initiatives but are delaying doing so for some reason or another.

My feeling is that it'd be better that they get one out quick before some fan with the best of intentions decides to set up an unofficial one, that would likely lead to confusion and complications as the club wouldn't have any control over it, I think it has to be an official scheme, driven and controlled by RRFC.

Edited to add,

If an account/page is set up I'll donate my entrance money to every game home and away that we miss starting with Peterhead.

Edited by Scottydog

It's probable that the board have already met to discuss the implications but they could be waiting on a bit more confirmation of the likely timescales involved. Technically as it stands the East Fife game is still on. 

I think they should start advance season ticket sales for next season. 

It's probable that the board have already met to discuss the implications but they could be waiting on a bit more confirmation of the likely timescales involved. Technically as it stands the East Fife game is still on. 
I think they should start advance season ticket sales for next season. 

The league is suspended until April 3rd at the earliest (and there’s absolutely zero chance it’ll come back then). The East Fife match is officially postponed.

Advance season ticket sales would help for now, but not whenever we come back and have to sign a new squad. Push might come to shove of course but we should be doing everything to avoid that.

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

The league is suspended until April 3rd at the earliest (and there’s absolutely zero chance it’ll come back then). The East Fife match is officially postponed.

Advance season ticket sales would help for now, but not whenever we come back and have to sign a new squad. Push might come to shove of course but we should be doing everything to avoid that.

Does the date not just apply to English games? SPFL statement said until further notice, and Gary Holt was on Sportsound on Friday night saying they were planning to prepare as though next weekends games were on. They obviously won't be tho. 

I'd like to think there would be an advancement of sorts on prize money and that the Bowie sale (assuming it goes ahead) and some kind of money raised by fans will help keep wolves from the door. 

Edited by CALDERON

Does the date not just apply to English games? SPFL statement said until further notice, and Gary Holt was on Sportsound on Friday night saying they were planning to prepare as though next weekends games were on. They obviously won't be tho. 
I'd like to think there would be an advancement of sorts on prize money and that the Bowie sale (assuming it goes ahead) and some kind of money raised by fans will help keep wolves from the door. 

You could be right enough. I thought I’d read that we were copying the English model but maybe not.

McGlynn was quoted at the weekend as saying he was unsure of whether he should be prepping for the East Fife match or not.

The April date was England.

My understanding is the SPFL/SFA have suspended all football under their auspices indefinitely, that to me means until further notice all future games are postponed until they say they are recommencing fixtures.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

http://www.raithrovers.net/43781/league-suspended.htm

Updated announcement - board meeting on Thursday. 

Looks like the BoD are planning on delaying launching a "just giving" initiative until after word from the SFA/SPFL on Tuesday and the board meeting on Thursday.

Personally I think this is an error in judgement, they should launch it anyway and get on with getting some money in ASAP.  This situation isn't going to change and even if SPFL decide to release some prize money early. That's money we would have got later anyway and will still need later when funds run out.