The New Raith Rovers Thread

The season will be void. We will start again in August. Hendry and any other decent player we have will f**k off in the summer rather than stay another year in league 1. Falkirk will be better next year for sure meaning we will have another minimum two years of league 1 football to look forward to. 

Fucking brilliant 

I actually think this could be the most likely scenario. Fucking bleak.

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:
31 minutes ago, CALDERON said:
Makes the sale of Bowie all the more valuable. 

We don't get the money till the summer though iirc? Still need to bridge that gap in the mean time.

True, but at least it helps should this go beyond the summer. 

Anyone know how many players are contracted into next season? Just wondering as if this drags on we could have to unload as many players as we can to keep the club from going under. Bad times but with no gate money coming in we are really going to struggle (as will every team) don’t want to see anyone go as we’ve got a great squad at the moment but it may unavoidable if this drags on for months. Bad for players too if clubs are forced to unload them as they’ve mortgages to pay and families and no clubs will be hiring until this blows over.

Anyone know how many players are contracted into next season? Just wondering as if this drags on we could have to unload as many players as we can to keep the club from going under. Bad times but with no gate money coming in we are really going to struggle (as will every team) don’t want to see anyone go as we’ve got a great squad at the moment but it may unavoidable if this drags on for months. Bad for players too if clubs are forced to unload them as they’ve mortgages to pay and families and no clubs will be hiring until this blows over.

Kieran MacDonald
Dylan Tait
Regan Hendry
Fernando Mendy
Brad Spencer
Jack Smith

As far as I can tell from transfermarkt.. not the most reliable though.. that’s our lot for next year?

I did originally think Armstrong and Miller were tied down for next year as well but it doesn’t look like it.

14 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Kieran MacDonald
Dylan Tait
Regan Hendry
Fernando Mendy
Brad Spencer
Jack Smith

As far as I can tell from transfermarkt.. not the most reliable though.. that’s our lot for next year?

I did originally think Armstrong and Miller were tied down for next year as well but it doesn’t look like it.

Lewis Vaughan

I actually think this could be the most likely scenario. Fucking bleak.
Is Hendry not under contract? As for Falkirk will they be stronger they were supposed to walk this league were they not? How about growing a pair we have enough drama queens at the moment.

We don't get the money till the summer though iirc? Still need to bridge that gap in the mean time.
From a personal point of view I'll be more than happy to increase monthly payments to the player fund and if they announce early season ticket sales that's fine. I'm sure as a club we can manage this.

From a personal point of view I'll be more than happy to increase monthly payments to the player fund and if they announce early season ticket sales that's fine. I'm sure as a club we can manage this.
Aye, I'm the same. I'm sure most would be willing to put extra in if the need arises. Let's hope we don't get to that stage although I can't see how it can go any other way for most clubs unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, grumswall said:
52 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Aye, I'm the same. I'm sure most would be willing to put extra in if the need arises. Let's hope we don't get to that stage although I can't see how it can go any other way for most clubs unfortunately.

Not a season ticket holder but  I pay £16 at the gate, 5 home games x £16 = £80, would happily donate that if it means keeping the club afloat during these difficult times.

Edited by keyser_soze

Is it not partially ring fenced?

The “Player Development Fund”, which was established in 2016 shall be rebranded and continue as the “Raith Supporters’ Fund” from 1st July 2019. Referred to in this document as ‘the fund’.
2. Fund objectives
2.1. To provide a regular monthly financial support to Raith Rovers Football Club.
2.2. To run a successful long-term program, promoted by the elected Supporters Director and administered/
promoted by an independent operating committee.
2.3. To honour stated commitments and aims to the contributors.
2.4. To encourage new and continued contributors through an attractive quarterly prize fund.
2.5. To provide a committed split of funding between first team budget and modern apprentices, made
available to the football manager as part of the budget provided by the Raith Rovers Board of Directors.

Even if it was,under the circumstances cant be too difficult to change the ruling/wording so contributions can go towards helping to keep the club afloat.Those not wishing to do so  can cancel their contributions

As a contributor more than happy for my money to go to whatevers best for the club

I do wonder if we might see a “Raith Rovers Hardship Fund” or the like in the coming days/weeks. I’d be happy to donate as long as it was clear what the funds would/wouldn’t be used for as per the players fund. In the meantime I’m sure anything extra given to the player fund or the lotto would help.

I do wonder if we might see a “Raith Rovers Hardship Fund” or the like in the coming days/weeks. I’d be happy to donate as long as it was clear what the funds would/wouldn’t be used for as per the players fund. In the meantime I’m sure anything extra given to the player fund or the lotto would help.
Id imagine most of the fans that do post on these forums will be happy to contribute. We will just have to wait and see what happens in the next week or so and what the outcome is likely to be. We are at the start of it all though so without clubs getting the begging bowls out, we as fans could and maybe should get organised in order to help the club when/should the need arise.

30 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The LCD here is keeping people in jobs and to stop the club going down the Tex Ritter, if you donate money it doesn't matter what the fund is called.

I think we need a statement from the club asap as cash flow will be hit from this Saturday. I would imagine that the Supporters' Fund would be the best vehicle to put money into the club plus a share offering if any are available.