The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 06/03/2020 at 07:43, pub car king said:

We're not quite in the realms of Gordon Dalziel and his "wee rub of the green"

Nor MacKinnon's " Listen, I'm telling you!".😭

Edited by embow

16 minutes ago, embow said:

Nor MacKinnon's " Listen, I'm telling you!".😭

Or the two classics from John Hughes " blowing smoke up each others backsides " and " in the morning when they look in the mirror ".  Wonder who's backside Yogi was blowing smoke up ? 

1 hour ago, Surely No said:

Or the two classics from John Hughes " blowing smoke up each others backsides " and " in the morning when they look in the mirror ".  Wonder who's backside Yogi was blowing smoke up ? 

Any more of that talk and he’ll be looking to go Mano a Mano with you. Even if you are a guid honest laddie.

Help us stevie anderson, you are our only hope.

We look nervy as hell at the back towards the end of games which is a slight worry.
Yeah Bendictus was in trouble 2 or 3 times to a simple long ball and it's no surprise we lost a goal that way.

Here we are winning another match but it’s not the goals we scored that’s being praised....

John Baird, brilliantly taken goal. Great pass from Spencer as well to beat the offside trap. 

I do wonder if some folk on here will actually be happy if we don’t go up. 

Here we are winning another match but it’s not the goals we scored that’s being praised....
John Baird, brilliantly taken goal. Great pass from Spencer as well to beat the offside trap. 
I do wonder if some folk on here will actually be happy if we don’t go up. 
We won but that was painful stop trying to sugarcoat it we really should be strolling these games.

8 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

We won but that was painful stop trying to sugarcoat it we really should be strolling these games.

We never got out of first gear yet still won? If that’s not strolling it, then I’m not sure what is to be honest....

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

We never got out of first gear yet still won? If that’s not strolling it, then I’m not sure what is to be honest....

No doubt every supporters happy with the 3 points but maybe just maybe some supporters are disappointed on the overall performance(2nd half a total snorefest)and not improving on our goals for and losing another stupid unnecessary goal at the end, both instances that could come back and bite our arse come the end of the season

I don't understand why McGlynn is persisting playing Bowie instead of Baird. Bowie has been struggling for weeks.

Maybe if Baird had been given a run out against Falkirk he might have gotten us a winner in that match too.

Agree about Bowie. I’d add Hendry to the list of players that need rested too.

I don’t think Baird can play on the side of a front three though. I assume he’s wanting to play two quick players up alongside Maclean.

6 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I don’t think Baird can play on the side of a front three though. I assume he’s wanting to play two quick players up alongside Maclean.

I actually thought Ziggy had his best game in ages, bullied the Loons defenders, ran constantly for an hour and I was a bit surprised when he was subbed for Dingwall, another measure of his progress was the fact he won 2 headers in the air (as opposed to with his feet planted) pretty much unheard of for him so far this season.

I think people are expecting too much of Regan, I was critical of him a month ago but the last few games I've seen IMO he's been sticking out. He cruised through that game yesterday and Forfar couldn't lay a glove on him. I took a former fan to the game who hadn't set foot in SP for 30 years and he agreed with the match sponsors and reckoned RH was the clear candidate for MotM too.

The afore mentioned 30 Year returnee was also pleasantly surprised how good it was, he was well impressed with the standard despite my saying we were under par and didn't hit anything like top gear, he's decided that he's coming to the East Fife game in a fortnight.

Just watched the highlights, and yea I know it’s not a good insight of how the game was played. But even as I watched it we looked half arsed. The amount of wasted chances was evident. A good win though. Munro didn’t have that much to do and when called into action he served us well.
If and that’s a big IF we do go up we seriously have to have a look at Jamie MaCallum and Connor Coupe from Forfar.

Just watched the highlights, and yea I know it’s not a good insight of how the game was played. But even as I watched it we looked half arsed. The amount of wasted chances was evident. A good win though. Munro didn’t have that much to do and when called into action he served us well.
If and that’s a big IF we do go up we seriously have to have a look at Jamie MaCallum and Connor Coupe from Forfar.
We have enough folk to fill Roarys costume!

I think that's the problem. He's playing a formation that doesn't require two strikers but I would be keen to find a way to get Baird and MacLean in the side together when possible.