The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Its not only a game said:

Peterhead by far the best.....

Agreed. The other two take the brunt of the incoming weather, where Peterhead’s is a real miracle of smart drainage and a somewhat more favorable micro-climate.

Agreed. The other two take the brunt of the incoming weather, where Peterhead’s is a real miracle of smart drainage and a somewhat more favorable micro-climate.

Starks used to have a great pitch. Yea it was slanted. But the drainage was the best at the time.

3100 tickets available to us - initially - and folk are moaning that the way they’ve done it isn’t fair. Someone in the Facebook page said it was “disgusting” [emoji23]
P&B takes some flak but the people who post on Facebook are horrific for a whinge. Usually there'll be tears and snotters after any loss from folk who only follow on social media as part of some nostalgia from when they grew up in Kirkcaldy.

P&B takes some flak but the people who post on Facebook are horrific for a whinge. Usually there'll be tears and snotters after any loss from folk who only follow on social media as part of some nostalgia from when they grew up in Kirkcaldy.

I’m calling out Mark Braid and Ian Ogilvie and betting that they haven’t been inside Starks Park since the Nelsons Tipped Cigarettes roof was on the South terracing. Two absolute doom merchants!

38 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’m calling out Mark Braid and Ian Ogilvie and betting that they haven’t been inside Starks Park since the Nelsons Tipped Cigarettes roof was on the South terracing. Two absolute doom merchants!

What's your problem exactly? I work 2 Saturdays out of 3 and most of the games I've made it to this season have ended up being away, last time I was inside San Starko was 22nd of February when we beat Clyde 1-0. And how am I an absolute doom merchant - what have I posted that has been negative exactly? I'm never on here and I've learned over the years not to take watching us seriously so never get overly angry at the inevitable despair that comes with supporting the Rovers.

Edited by Hector Inspector

What's your problem exactly? I work 2 Saturdays out of 3 and most of the games I've made it to this season have ended up being away, last time I was inside San Starko was 22nd of February when we beat Clyde 1-0. And how am I an absolute doom merchant - what have I posted that has been negative exactly? I'm never on here and I've learned over the years not to take watching us seriously so never get overly angry at the inevitable despair that comes with supporting the Rovers.
Your real name is Hector inspector?

7 minutes ago, grumswall said:
8 minutes ago, Hector Inspector said:

Your real name is Hector inspector?

No Grum, my real name is Mark Braid as you well know. I'm never on this page so hadn't even looked at it in years. I just got told I was getting bad mouthed so came on to defend myself. Unless maybe there's another Mark Braid kicking about?

No Grum, my real name is Mark Braid as you well know. I'm never on this page so hadn't even looked at it in years. I just got told I was getting bad mouthed so came on to defend myself. Unless maybe there's another Mark Braid kicking about?
You seem upset.

My favourite Facebook poster was the boy who argued we should sign Gary Glen, upper the ante by suggesting we had signed Gary Glen, and then attempted to explain his non arrival by stating Gary had went off the idea after reading the club’s Facebook page.

My problem, going with the theme of the conversation at the time is with ‘fans’ who plaster negativity all over the Facebook site.

Here’s an example from a game we actually won!
IMG_4065.jpg

18 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

My problem, going with the theme of the conversation at the time is with ‘fans’ who plaster negativity all over the Facebook site.

Here’s an example from a game we actually won!
IMG_4065.jpg

Right that's one quote. Doesn't mean I regularly plaster negativity all over the Facebook site, I'd like to think I'm quite positive in most of the stuff I post (which isn't that often anyway). And at least I was actually at that game, I wasn't posting from work where I normally am at 3pm on a Saturday.

And that game probably was dire. Wasn't meant as a moaning negative post anyway, just frustrated.

Edited by Hector Inspector

1 hour ago, Hector Inspector said:

We’ve not had a duel in Kirkcaldy for a while. Those pistols are just sitting in Kirkcaldy Galleries too. Such a waste. How dare he slight you as the voice of doom! That Ian Ogilvie boy is much worse IMO.

http://secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/LastFatalDuelInScotland

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We’ve not had a duel in Kirkcaldy for a while. Those pistols are just sitting in Kirkcaldy Galleries too. Such a waste. How dare he slight you as the voice of doom! That Ian Ogilvie boy is much worse IMO.

http://secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/LastFatalDuelInScotland

Thank you. I fell out with Ian a few years ago for being ridiculously negative on Facebook, so to be considered in the same bracket is genuinely quite worrying. I consider anything I've ever said negative sounding to be very much tongue-in-cheek, learned many years ago not to take going to watch the Rovers seriously.

2 minutes ago, Hector Inspector said:

Thank you. I fell out with Ian a few years ago for being ridiculously negative on Facebook, so to be considered in the same bracket is genuinely quite worrying. I consider anything I've ever said negative sounding to be very much tongue-in-cheek, learned many years ago not to take going to watch the Rovers seriously.

How did you do on Pointless?

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How did you do on Pointless?

We went out in the second round both times. Didn't disgrace ourselves, but didn't cover ourselves in glory either. I'm clinging to the fact that both shows the couple that went out in the first round were Cambridge University students, so at least we beat them. The second show appears to have disappeared, but the first one we filmed is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k-63qykyls&t=5s