Hank Scorpio

The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Raithie said:

So what would McGlynn have done if Goodwillie wasn’t playing? Hint: it wouldn’t have involved starting Watson.

You still aren’t reading what I say. McKay started for Miller because JMcG preferred a deeper lying defenseman, IMHO.

35 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

We have a big week coming up. We struggle last time out against dumbarton. We were unable to deal with balls being put in the box. Falkirk will look to put us on the back foot on Tuesday night as well, something we will need to be ready for. This time next week, i think we will know where we are going to finish. 2 falkirk wins and i think they will take confidence and go on to win it. Two wins or even a win and a draw isnt the worst result for us. Anything less than that, then I fear we won’t win it.

I think we will struggle at Clyde without McManus tbh. I have no faith in Sammon or McMillan to fill the void. 

I'd imagine Anderson is all but done at St Johnstone, and if he's fit he may see his contract with them terminated and sign for the Rovers. 

45 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Source?
Isn’t he still under contract with St Johnston? Why wouldn’t he train with them instead of us?

I’m not complaining as he’ll have a brilliant influence on boys in training even though he can’t contribute on the Saturday.

I thought we'd terminated his loan tbh. He's exactly the type of person you want about the club in our position.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, Grant228 said:
We are due to announce losses this year aye, hence the massive cuts. 

We have also made massive cuts and went to a hybrid model this season. We're top of the league and in a cup final. Full Time football isn't sustainable for the majority of clubs below the premiership without outside investment unfortunately. 

It's been sustainable the last few seasons for us, we also posted a profit as a full time side in league one. 

2 hours ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

when are the dunfies going to pay us for Nesbit

Already paid you everything we owe. 

Very much a “it was the company, not the club” type response. Presumably you’d have voted let Rangers start 2012-13 in the premier? No point in punishing the new regime, eh?

Dunfermline being able to cook the book, rid themselves of all debts, paying 0p in the pound and restarting 100% debt free was, in my opinion, massively advantageous compared to clubs who have spend years honestly paying off their debts with interest from that free spending era in Scottish football.
More evidence if needed that you really aren't very bright.

3 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

Source?
Isn’t he still under contract with St Johnston? Why wouldn’t he train with them instead of us?

I’m not complaining as he’ll have a brilliant influence on boys in training even though he can’t contribute on the Saturday.

Source I saw it with my one eyes at Gym 64. In Raith colours training with the team.

Source I saw it with my one eyes at Gym 64. In Raith colours training with the team.
Maybe you need to get your monacle checked...

Anderson hasn't stopped training with us apart from when injured from what I'm led to believe.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Maybe you need to get your monacle checked...

Anderson hasn't stopped training with us apart from when injured from what I'm led to believe.

Considering I'm at the gym every Tuesday and Thursday and this is the first time I've seen him then I doubt he's been training with us.

4 hours ago, RaithRover123 said:

I wonder when/if the pars will pay the second instalment for Euan Murray 

Why wouldn't we? 

Jack Smith going out on loan to Dundonald. I thought he’s looked pretty good when he’s played. EoS is a really poor level.

Dundonald are probably one of the best teams I’ve seen at EoS level therefore it’d be a good move for Jack in terms of that he gets game time and good experience in one of the best sides in the league.

12 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Dundonald are probably one of the best teams I’ve seen at EoS level therefore it’d be a good move for Jack in terms of that he gets game time and good experience in one of the best sides in the league.

But, as Hank notes, a very low (relatively) level for him to move to. I hope it is because they have a spot he can immediately fill, but certainly I would have preferred a Highland/Lowland team at least. I’m pretty confident he could perform at League Two level also, since he hasn’t looked out of his depth with the little time he’s had. I wonder what JMcG is seeing/not seeing at practice that drives this move.

But, as Hank notes, a very low (relatively) level for him to move to. I hope it is because they have a spot he can immediately fill, but certainly I would have preferred a Highland/Lowland team at least. I’m pretty confident he could perform at League Two level also, since he hasn’t looked out of his depth with the little time he’s had. I wonder what JMcG is seeing/not seeing at practice that drives this move.
JMc interviewmentions rehab from injury and strengthening more than once, so it seems these are the priorities. Perhaps EOS will be easier for him?