The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:
Unless you’re Liverpool.

How long have they waited though? Not been easy for Liverpool fans in that regard.

When the season shuts down for corona virus...how Liverpool would that be.

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

What’s the update on Vaughan’s injury. How we need him now

There's zero chance of Vaughan being back this season.

Last update I heard was on the lower league ramblings podcast and he was thinking that he might be back August-ish, so probably miss pre-season and maybe a couple of games at the start of next season.

We were due a defeat at least it was away from home on a shitey day to a last minute effort as opposed to a bit of a doing.

Falkirk game is huge now and a draw would be a decent result better fo us than them.  Whoever wins this league will don't by the slimmest of margins there will be no pulling away and opening up a gap.

Just need to grind out performances and forget about other results.

For all that we're failing to capitalise on Falkirk dropping points they are exactly the same when we drop them.

There's zero chance of Vaughan being back this season.

Last update I heard was on the lower league ramblings podcast and he was thinking that he might be back August-ish, so probably miss pre-season and maybe a couple of games at the start of next season.

That’s a bugger, we’re not scoring goals, and relying on a teenager and a player at the near end of his career getting us out of this league. Armstrong doesn’t look interested, if he wants to leave why doesn’t he put himself in the window for clubs to have a gander. Dingwall is a waste of a jersey in my opinion. We’ve been poor the last few weeks and I can’t see it getting any better. We have a tough run in and hope we don’t go into this meekly as we did last season

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

That’s a bugger, we’re not scoring goals, and relying on a teenager and a player at the near end of his career getting us out of this league. Armstrong doesn’t look interested, if he wants to leave why doesn’t he put himself in the window for clubs to have a gander. Dingwall is a waste of a jersey in my opinion. We’ve been poor the last few weeks and I can’t see it getting any better. We have a tough run in and hope we don’t go into this meekly as we did last season

Yesterday was the first time in over 2 months we haven't scored.

Posted on the match thread but although Tuesday’s game is vital I can see a few more twists before the end of the season given the form of both ourselves and Falkirk, however not to underestimate the importance of a win on Tuesday not only to keep us top but to give us that momentum we seem to have lacked in recent weeks - I’m sure Falkirk will come with a desire to win so it’s imperative we match that all over the park.

Armstrong doesn’t look interested, if he wants to leave why doesn’t he put himself in the window for clubs to have a gander. Dingwall is a waste of a jersey in my opinion.

Armstrong, although he didn't score the goal, was one of the big reasons we got a win vs Clyde. He's been carrying a knock pretty much since he returned to the club up until the start of February and in his most recent interview he couldn't have sounded more happy to be here.
Dingwall has had a few decent games recently, Livi away and Clyde at home, and although nothing really happened for him yesterday, he's better than being described as a waste of a jersey.

It happens every single time but one defeat and we've got fans losing their minds. If we were offered this position at the start of the season (top of the league and a cup final) most, if not all, would have taken it. Admittedly we could have put ourselves in a better position going into Tuesday, but what clubs can't say the same thing? I trust McGlynn will have us fired up for it.

It may be a complete coincidence but Spencer, Hendry and Matthews have started together as a midfield three 9 times this season (in all competitions). We have won 4 and lost 5 of those games. We have only lost 4 of the 28 games they haven’t all started together.

Now there are various other circumstances behind these results, they are not solely responsible obviously, far from it. But we have lost the last 3 away games they have started together (Dumbarton, East Fife and Stranraer). There is no doubting that individually they are all very good players for this level but I do wonder if, as a three, they complement each other the way they should. In particular I think Spencer and Matthews can be quite similar.

Not saying they can’t play together or we need to change it for Tuesday because we have had some excellent results with those 3 (5-2 vs Clyde, 3-0 vs Montrose and 3-1 vs Peterhead in the League Cup) and Spencer has fitted in off the bench well in recent weeks but just thought the stats for those three playing together were strange considering I think most of us would have them down as our first choice midfield.

Armstrong, although he didn't score the goal, was one of the big reasons we got a win vs Clyde. He's been carrying a knock pretty much since he returned to the club up until the start of February and in his most recent interview he couldn't have sounded more happy to be here.
Dingwall has had a few decent games recently, Livi away and Clyde at home, and although nothing really happened for him yesterday, he's better than being described as a waste of a jersey.

It happens every single time but one defeat and we've got fans losing their minds. If we were offered this position at the start of the season (top of the league and a cup final) most, if not all, would have taken it. Admittedly we could have put ourselves in a better position going into Tuesday, but what clubs can't say the same thing? I trust McGlynn will have us fired up for it.

I strongly agree with the overall tone and sentiment of your post, but I think you're being very kind to Dingwall.

Apart from Nando, who hasn't really had any chance at redemption, he must be the most disappointing player this season. Even Watson and Allan, who had very poor games, have also put in some decent shifts at times.

When Dingwall's two highlights are Livingston away (where, personally, I thought he was quite poor) and Clyde at home (he came off the bench, did some running, held the ball in the corner quite well after we'd scored) he's onto a struggle.

Armstrong, on the other hand, had some very clear strengths. He drifts in and out of games, and when he's not on form (or partly injured) he really struggles to impose himself, but you can see what he brings. You know he's got that mercurial spark that can turn a game in an instant. I don't see that in Dingwall.

If you watch Dingwall he is great at winning fouls. He really is excellent at this. It’s like his superpower or something. If he could just add a bit more to his game he’d be excellent.

I really don't think there's anything to be gained by speculating about Lewis Allan.
This. Either way, he's got a contract so will get his pay. Not sure why anyone should expect footballers to be different to any other person who is either injured or signed off their work.